FLL - Princess Transfer or Cab?

HollDoll

You will get more information regarding disembarkation on the last day. But in our experience, we put our luggage outside the door usually after dinner on the last evening. You disembark by color and number and then when your number is "called" you get in line and go downstairs to locate your luggage. Lots of black bags! We usually grab a porter, he loads our bags and we "follow" him out thru customs (have your complete forms and passports in hand) and grab a cab to the airport. Last cruise, we used the express luggage service, where we paid a fee and weren't supposed to see our bags until we got home. Murphy's Law struck and we won the customs lottery - forturnately, we had nothing to hide.

You disembark by color and number and then when your number is "called" you get in line and go downstairs to locate your luggage.

The procedure has changed since your last Princess cruise. When you get your disembarkation luggage tags, the information with them will indicate a place and time for each color to meet to disembark.

You report to that location at the designated time and as soon as your color is ready to disembark, a staff member will lead you to the proper gangway.

No more announcements over the PA saying when a color can leave.

I generally would agree that cab is the best out of FLL but ONE TIME (Dec 2008 Ruby inagural cruise) there were 8 ships in port AND the cabs were on strike AND it was a huge mess! This was our next trip after a Celebrity TA to NJ where President Bush's visit to UN had all cabs trapped in the city and it took us 5 hours to dock and more to get to airport (we missed our 1PM train). So I would check to see how many ships in port. I would also give a huge thought to the fact that Super Bowl is in Miami AND FLL is the only Miami airport for Southwest! Usually Cab but not at all sure in this case what to do. Good Luck and may the baggage be with you!

Thanks to all. Because of Superbowl Sunday, and we're in no rush (1:45 pm flight), I think we might just do the Princess Transfer to be on the safe side. All comments are truly appreciated. This is only my second cruise, and my first on Princess. Thanks again.

Archived