FLL - Princess Transfer or Cab?

HollDoll

After disembarkation in Ft. Lauderdale (Superbowl Sunday), our flight is not until 1:45 pm. I'm told the Princess transfer is $28 per person. Would it be just as easy to take a cab to the airport, or would the Princess transfer be the recommended choice? Thanks much for any help!

yes, cabs are available and the best way we have found to do it. Like Jan said, about $20 + tip total while the Princess transfer is per person.

One thing I have expierienced at Lauderdale, if you disembark when alot of ships are also in port, the cabs are busy and there may be a line to get one. We have never waited more that 10-15 minutes, however.

You may want to check to see how many ships are going to be in port that day. I got off the Crown on Jan 9th. I knew that there were a lot of ships in port, so we would have to wait for a while for a cab. What I wasn't prepared for was the 35 degree temperatures and the rain. The cab line was not covered. So we stood in the rain for 30-45 minutes waiting on a cab until a shuttle picked us up. Ended up paying $22 for the two of us in the shuttle (at that point, we would have paid a whole lot more). Also, we then purchased sweatshirts at the airport since our warmest clothes were already soaked. So, I'm not sure we ended up saving anything.

I'm not saying I wouldn't risk it again, but an umbrella may be packed in my next cruise suitcase.

I think Sayra & I might have been in the same shuttle on January 9! It was freezing cold, raining, and absolute chaos when we left the Crown around 10 am (we opted for a lateish disembarkation since our flight wasn't until 2 pm...). There were hundreds of people from many ships trying to get cabs, no clear sense of where the line was, and few cabs arriving to pick people up. My husband & I were near the front of what seemed to be the line for cabs (but was moving VERY slowly due to the lack of cabs) when a man came and pulled four of us and led us to a white shuttle that was going to the airport. The van was overloaded, but we were all just happy to be in a vehicle...

Next time I think I'll opt for the Princess shuttle--and that day, there will probably be no problem getting a cab!

I walk pass the expensive Princess shuttles to my cab, thinking that I'll be through airport seurity before some of those busses leave the port. Use it if your flight is later, but we always take an 8:50 AMer so taxis are de rigeur.

Was at FLL in Dec and I was debating whether to get a cab or a shuttle back to the airport. After reading advice from here, I decided to just get the cab. It was simple and convenient. You disembark and simply follow the arrows to the cab waiting area. It tends to be busy when everybody gets off the ship, but I waited no more than 5-10 minutes and was on my merry way. I don't remember how much it was, but both trips (to and from the airport) was slightly under $20 (including tips).

After disembarkation in Ft. Lauderdale (Superbowl Sunday), our flight is not until 1:45 pm. I'm told the Princess transfer is $28 per person. Would it be just as easy to take a cab to the airport, or would the Princess transfer be the recommended choice? Thanks much for any help!

I would say cab--we reserved a shuttle but had to wait 30 minutes for it. Cab or shuttle is less than Princess

If I might get someone's attention here, I'm also interested to know how the luggage is handled upon disembarkation. When do we need to put luggage out in hallway? Does it make a difference for luggage pickup if we take the shuttle or a cab? In other words, when does the luggage disappear from our possession, and when/how do we see it again? Thanks!

Archived