P90X Works

Santyclaws

I've recently started a fat/calorie burning and muscle building workout called P90X. Let me tell you, that you will see results within a couple of weeks!

These workouts are about an hour long each day. Yup, so if you invest in this, then you're going to need to MAKE the time. As long as you push play on your dvd player and try to follow along as best as you can, then you will definitely see results!

It is a series of dvds, each with a different activity for that day. Not the same old, same old. The workouts are intense, and they are difficult.

There are "rollcalls" at the Beachbody website. There are a bunch that started the same day and try to be accountable to each other there. I am just a lurker on that site, I haven't posted yet.

So, you do the workouts once per day, and you change your diet, things will happen! I cut out bread, and as a result of that, I cut out mayo (something I thought I could never do), and butter. I said no to my own birthday cake, I said no to chocolates and cookies offered at work. I brought a salad everyday for lunch, with apple for a snack. I try not to eat after supper. I choose something else I like when I'm having cravings for carbs.

I didn't completely cut out carbs, and I have had bread twice in three weeks. I just don't want to get in the habit of eating a sandwich everyday for lunch, and saying yes to desserts whenever I wanted.

I still want to lose about 6-8 pounds (I've lost 15 so far), but I want to firm up!! I've lost a size since the beginning of January. I can't wait to see what other changes will happen to this body of mine!

Basically, it comes down to Eat less, Move more.

Santy

I had lost 15 pounds on the treadmill and counting calories and I got stuck- so I started P90X and lost another 16. Down 31 so far. Cruising in 28 days though, so I will need to lose some more when I get home! I was afraid it would be too hard (P90X) but they havethe modifications so yuo arent just sitting there saying I can't do this. I love it!!:D

DH bought me this for Christmas (per my request) and I love it!!! I was active before this (marathons/weight lifting) but this took my workouts to a new level. I just finished week three and feel stronger already! I have to admit that I need to be more careful with the diet portion. I like some of your ideas as far as that goes Santyclaws.

jaixrx.

Marathons? WOW! I can't even begin to imagine the committment it takes to finish one! Much applause to you!

I too, was quite active prior. I was in kickboxing, but had to quit due to having vertigo. I just recently started feeling better and was quite happy to finally get a good workout in. P90X kicks my butt like my coach used to in kickboxing!

For anyone reading this and youre really not sure if P90X would work for you, here is a link: this guy is amazing and there are many more stories just like his! http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/33444503

If that link doesn't take you there it's under www.beachbody.com then click on where the boards or support is, then click on P90X photos, then click on DAY 318 DONE-173 pounds lost- updated pics.

I just found the before and after pics of all body types and sizes,to be very uplifting and motivating!

Today, I did something I shouldn't have. I was very upset and angry this afternoon, I ordered pizza and I ate 2 pieces!!:mad: Now I just feel sick! LOL serves me right! After eating clean for all of January (almost) I went and wrecked it all because I was angry. OH well, live and learn!

Tip of the day: my friend always tells me, it doesn't have to look pretty, just do it!

• 1 month later...

Brand new to these boards and to P90X! Me and DH just started P90X last week and WOW this program is intense but AMAZING! I have been so unactive for the last few years. I took an office job and now sit all day long then coupled with a health set back a year ago packed on the weight.

We just got the recovery drink in and all i can say is it's worth every cent!

This week (week 2) I was able to add a resistance band to the work out and I have almost made it completly through my second Polymetrics. (still have to stop and let my heart rate come back down to target level)

We marry in 66 days and cruise in 65 days! Will not be finished with the program but at least we will be in much much better shape by then!!

Best of luck to those of you currently doing P90X and to everyone who wants to start.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on week 3 and doing ok. It is intense and I am struggling with the calorie/diet portions too. Only a few pounds weight loss but seeing some results and feeling stronger each week. DH is doing great! Planning for a cruise on the Dream in Feb 11. Feels like it might be that long to reach our goals right now, but I know we are on the right track. I was happy to see your posts here. Haven't been to beachbody yet. What is motivating you?

Jnut, stick with it. I started Jan 1st and have only lost a few pounds but went down 2 sizes in pants. You will see more changes further into it. I used to be (as Tony says) loose in the cage but now I can see and feel muscle.

I cruise in 44 days and I've been trying P90X but each time I start, I make it a week or two and then stop. My husband has been through it many times. I've love to lose 20 lbs before we sail in May. I have a horrible problem with doing too much and pushing too hard so I get burned out really quick. It's been said I have exercise ADD. I'm glad to hear others are having success.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, Just got my P90x and ready to go. Thanks for all your motivational comments cuz I am super excited to get going now. I lost 20lbs last year before our cruise but suffered a rotator cuff injury last fall (rock climbing wall) & have our next cruise 8-14-10 so gotta get busy. Thanks again & looking forward to your new posts. They are super encouraging.:)

Would love some info on this ~

I am looking to tone up, and wondering if this might be a great way to do so. I exercise, eat well and still feel jiggly.

For those of you who use it, have you noticed a huge difference in tone and not just weight loss?

Thanks!

My Husband and I have been doing parts of the p90x workout since December and we have seen a difference. We are going on our honeymoon in 5 weeks (YEAH) and so now we have started doing the program faithfully, it does take time, but once you get going you don't realize how long it takes. We love it, expecially the ab ripper. Hope it works the way we want it to, I am hoping to tone up whereas my Husband wants to get more muscle deifinition. Wish us luck! Best of luck to those of you that are already dedicated to p90x!

Would love some info on this ~

I am looking to tone up, and wondering if this might be a great way to do so. I exercise, eat well and still feel jiggly.

For those of you who use it, have you noticed a huge difference in tone and not just weight loss?

Thanks!

If you want to tone up, P90X will do it. I noticed a change in my body after the first week. Good luck!

Me and dh started the P90X 5 days ago. We cruise May 1st so I'm hoping to see results by then. It's hard to stick with it (yes, after only 5 days-I lose motivation easily), but when you feel that burn you know it's doing something.

Yes I concur P90X works, you just have to bring it. Not only did I lose 19 lbs in 90 days I also tripled my strenght, have more energy and just have all around good feeling. I decided to become a independent team beachbody coach and share my experience to family, friends and co workers and make extra money. Extra money is good so me and my wife can cruise more :). So just passing information to anyone that has used beachbody products and want to help others you can become a coach and earn money helping make a difference. Just email me if you want more info gmasterju@yahoo.com .

Do your best and forget the rest!

• 1 month later...

For those of you who the PX90 is difficult, there is an easier 10 minute version that also is very intense. Its called the Tony Horton 10 minute trainer. It is an excellent DVD's series for entry level, and you still really workout.......

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Helen

Hi everyone - just wanted to say how much I LOVE P90X. It's hard as hell, but man is it worth it! My husband and I started the program together, but he got tired of it after a few weeks, so now I'm on my own. It's definitely a time commitment, especially since I'm pretty much tapped out after a workout, but I am seeing results, not only in strength and endurance, but also in toning. I'm also doing the Extreme Fat Smash Diet, which has helped me FINALLY start to drop a few pounds after only seeing the number on the scale go up for many years. I'm hoping the combination of P90X and the diet will allow me to fit into my new swimsuit for my cruise in five weeks!

Well, I guess it's time to give P90x another try. I did it for a few weeks many months ago but let everything else get in the way but now that there's a cruise coming in November & about 30 lbs to lose I'm going to join you all & get going with it again. I'm glad I found this thread!

I am on day 4 of P90X. I love it. I started briefly before my Alaska trip knowing I would have to restart after holidays.

I am doing Lean, with a slight modification. I hate yoga and loved Plyo so I have taken out the yoga and added plyo. Also my start day was a Sat so I can have my rest day on Sunday. I am training for a 1/2 marathon and that is my long run day.

I next cruise beginning of Nov so excited to see how much I can lose before then.

Good luck to all

Be very careful with plyo..I fractured my heel from it 4 months ago and it took a long time to heel..and I still have problems occasioanlly with it..

but p90x does work!

I am on day 4 of P90X. I love it. I started briefly before my Alaska trip knowing I would have to restart after holidays.

I am doing Lean, with a slight modification. I hate yoga and loved Plyo so I have taken out the yoga and added plyo. Also my start day was a Sat so I can have my rest day on Sunday. I am training for a 1/2 marathon and that is my long run day.

I next cruise beginning of Nov so excited to see how much I can lose before then.

Good luck to all

• 2 weeks later...

i did p90x for a while here is a YouTube video that I made about it..

Unfortunately between final exams and a family trip i took 3.5 weeks off.. i am now doing Cardio X at least 4 days a week in the morning and it makes a big difference. if you make it to round 2 i def recomend you add cardio x as a second workout 3 on mon, wed, and fri.. it makes a huge difference.

good luck to everyone

We've been doing alot of research. Ready for the physical part but can't see us sticking to the diet part. We can make the hour commitment to workout but schedules will kill the diet part. Has anyone tried it without the diet part? We do plan to eat better and smarter. Any help? Does one part work without the other?

Archived