Bannister Island with Eco Tours

Annie3131

going on LOS and looking at this. Jonsmom, do you know if they go to Bannister and directly from the ship? What is included? Food? Drinks?

Oh my goodness, we are getting closer & closer aren't we? I remember when we were over 365 days away.

I am guessing, don't now for sure, but I think that we would go directly to Bannister. It wouldnt make sense to tender to the pier, then take us, but not really sure.

Nothing is included is my guess. The other tour operators do not include anything either. I think that for the $4 more p/p it is a real time saver.

Are you going scubadiving in Cozumel or going to Nachi? We are going to Nachi.

Joanne

I called NCL, and you still have to tender in. Then, they pick you up at the pier and put you in a different boat to take you to Bannister Island. I think there is some confusion on this.:confused:

I think the NCL rep is wrong. I just did this two weeks ago on the NCL Jewel and for the excursion we did not tender into Belize, we went straight to Bannister Island. It was $49 per adult for the Beach Break. This was the reason why I chose this excursion, we did not want to tender into Belize.

I think the NCL rep is wrong. I just did this two weeks ago on the NCL Jewel and for the excursion we did not tender into Belize, we went straight to Bannister Island. It was $49 per adult for the Beach Break. This was the reason why I chose this excursion, we did not want to tender into Belize.

I forgot to mention the most important part, we got a free rum punch when we got to Bannister Island.:)

How was the NCL beach break? We are considering doing it. Do you have any pics?

• 2 weeks later...

I Googled Bannister Island. Is it that tiny little triangle Island? Looks very, very nice but also very, very small. I am interested in some snorkeling too. Eco Tours has a Gallow Reef stop to snorkel with their tour before going to Bannister. Anyone snorkel there and if so how was it? TY

• 7 months later...
Carnival was offering Bannister Beach break, they now have stopped as of two weeks ago. Anyone know what happened???

I booked it with Carnival yesterday. I have done it before and can tell you that there is a limit to the number of people that are allowed on the island which may explain why Carnival no longer has it available for your cruise.

I booked with ecotours last night, but haven't received a confirmation email, yet from them.. How long before you heard back from them after credit card down payment made???? Hopefully, it isn't fully booked. I really want to go to Bannister.

Carnival cancelled our excursion to Bannister, so I booked through Eco Tours. They sent me a confirmation email the following evening (minutes before I was about to contact them to see if they received my order). They did not charge our credit card (we'll pay when we get there), and they gave us a discount for ordering online. It was $100 for 2 adults and 2 kids for the beach break.

I booked it with Carnival yesterday. I have done it before and can tell you that there is a limit to the number of people that are allowed on the island which may explain why Carnival no longer has it available for your cruise.

We are 4 and a half months away from sailing do you think it is full already cause it is gone for our cruise in Feb too?

I would love to know the answer to this too. I see that Carnival is offering it again as a "New" excursion, however when I look for it on my cruise date...they are not offering it. It seems strange that it is booked for February already.

There's something fishy going on with Carnival and Bannister Island...there have been many posts about it here. Carnival tells you it's closed for renovations, yet people can book excursions to it with private companies. We ended up booking with Ecotours. I just read that Coral Breeze just cancelled someone's reservation to Bannister for Oct because the island was closed for renovations, so I have no clue what's going on:confused: I haven't rec'd any kind of cancellation for my trip in early Nov...yet....:eek:

I saw somewhere that the Island was up for sale .. no just kidding... I would love to find out what is going on...I want to book thru eco tours but not sure about booking off the ship..If I do can't we just go to the eco tours shop on the peir and pay for it there?

I saw somewhere that the Island was up for sale .. no just kidding... I would love to find out what is going on...I want to book thru eco tours but not sure about booking off the ship..If I do can't we just go to the eco tours shop on the peir and pay for it there?

Actually, I did see a post that the island is up for sale. And then thinking back to when we were there last year, I remembered the guy on our tour saying something about that. However, if I remember correctly, there is a home on the island which I think is what's for sale.;)

I believe you can just book the tour when you get to port, but remember that they may get filled up. Also, the price advertised online is higher than what you end up getting it for when you book online.

Also, I forgot to post to the person (I think it was in this thread) who is worried about not having shade. There are numerous trees in front of where the restaurant is where you can get loungers in the shade. And the outdoor restaurant area seemed pretty large and has a roof over it.:)

Not quite sure what is going on with Bannister Island. We were on the Legend last week and all Carnival excursions were cancelled. Thought we were okay since we booked with Coral Breeze Tours, only to be told at the port that the island was closed due to someone getting hurt a few weeks back. They thought it would re open in a few weeks, but that politics were involved. Also heard Carnival offered to purchase the island but the offer was not accepted. This may be hearsay, but I'd checked with the tour operators you are considering using. We were send to Goff's Caye instead, which was beautiful but very primitive. Not the same experience but good snorkeling. No restaurant/bar or beach chairs. Good luck.:p

There's something fishy going on with Carnival and Bannister Island...there have been many posts about it here. Carnival tells you it's closed for renovations, yet people can book excursions to it with private companies. We ended up booking with Ecotours. I just read that Coral Breeze just cancelled someone's reservation to Bannister for Oct because the island was closed for renovations, so I have no clue what's going on:confused: I haven't rec'd any kind of cancellation for my trip in early Nov...yet....:eek:

Received an e-mail from our PVP this a.m. that Bannister would now be available for our Nov. 5 stop there. She also stating that they were doing renovations there as to the reason why excursions were cancelled. I suppose we'll just have to wait to sail to find the answer to this little mystery.

Archived