Scrapbooking on HAL

salseros2003

On our Zuiderdam cruise to Alaska, I don't think there were any scrapbooking activities, but the photo shop did have a really nice scrapbook for sale. I purchased it to use as my photo album.

And we found scrapbook items at each port/stop on the cruise.

My wife is an avid scrapper as well, and there has never been any scrapbook activity offered on any of our cruises. There was supposed to be some on the Grand Med cruise on the Prinsendam but they never happened due to a supposed lack of interest.

Cheers,

Two years ago on a Maasdam cruise there was a scrapbook "package" for sale on board; the little paper items that can be used to liven up a traditional scrapbook page, all with HAL or Maasdam tie-ins. I bought the package for a scrapbooking friend who was aboard at the same time but I haven't seen something similar again. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

During the last 2 years on all of my cruises (Volendam, Zaandam, several Ryndam, Oosterdam and Statendam) there has been a scrapbooking class offered by the Party Planner. On the Ryndam just recently (Jan. 3rd cruise) Danielle the party planner offered it twice because it was so popular. It was $12 for the official (very nice) HAL dark blue scrapbook and then you also got all of the embellishments and special paper. We made at least one page with her (she had lots of examples to look at) and then we could continue in the room with her or take it back to work on when we got home. I guess that it must be up to the Party Planner on board as to if they do one. I have been finding with the new daily program, people are finding events more easily as all of the Party Planner events are under the same column.

During the last 2 years on all of my cruises (Volendam' date=' Zaandam, several Ryndam, Oosterdam and Statendam) there has been a scrapbooking class offered by the Party Planner. On the Ryndam just recently (Jan. 3rd cruise) Danielle the party planner offered it twice because it was so popular. It was $12 for the official (very nice) HAL dark blue scrapbook and then you also got all of the embellishments and special paper. We made at least one page with her (she had lots of examples to look at) and then we could continue in the room with her or take it back to work on when we got home. I guess that it must be up to the Party Planner on board as to if they do one. I have been finding with the new daily program, people are finding events more easily as all of the Party Planner events are under the same column.[/quote']

You are right -- it must be up to the party planner -- we have had a couple of good ones -- and then we had one that all she was interested in was food -- party snacks, etc. And wouldn''t you know it -- we had her on 2 different ships -- both long cruises. And she had the same recipes

Princess had one and and I attended. Much to my surprise, they brought out not one but 4 large die cutting machines (Big Shot) and lots and lots of dies. The photo shop beside the room we were in sold a lovely scrapbook (12 x 12 Inch) and also a package of stickers greared to Princess of course.

They had lots and lots of cardstock, all different colors and none of the ladies knew how to use the die cutting machine, nor did the instructor (one of the entertainment staff that also does trivia and bingos and such) and I did and showed them how easy and fast it was (especially with the 4 machines) and they were so impressed and many of them made some lovely pages. This was on the Nov. 29 to Dec. 6th Caribbean cruise.

There are special scrapbooking cruises and they are put on by companies that sell the products. The person who is the scrapper pays a surcharge and some charge for the various classes as well and give a goodie bag too.

Not just cruises for scrappers but also for Rubber Stampers. I went on one in Oct. 2008 on the Mariner of the Seas and it was wonderful. 3 companies put it on and they were fantasic. The goodie bag was valued at about $800. Surcharge was only $100 and all the classes were included. Usually 3 x 1-1/2 half hours on sea days and just one class on port days. There were 150 stampers on board.

You can find those special cruises in the Scrapbooking and Stamping machines sold in the larger book stores. There are agencies that specialize in them also.

Johanna

During the last 2 years on all of my cruises (Volendam' date=' Zaandam, several Ryndam, Oosterdam and Statendam) there has been a scrapbooking class offered by the Party Planner. On the Ryndam just recently (Jan. 3rd cruise) Danielle the party planner offered it twice because it was so popular. It was $12 for the official (very nice) HAL dark blue scrapbook and then you also got all of the embellishments and special paper. We made at least one page with her (she had lots of examples to look at) and then we could continue in the room with her or take it back to work on when we got home. I guess that it must be up to the Party Planner on board as to if they do one. I have been finding with the new daily program, people are finding events more easily as all of the Party Planner events are under the same column.[/quote']

I know on my 2008 Maasdam sailing the Party Planner held a scrapbooking class. It was on our port day in Guadeloupe. I had a full day private tour and couldn't make the class. I left the party planner a note at the front desk that I wanted the scrapbook. When I returned back to the ship, the book was in my cabin. Like funlovin'cruiser stated, it's a very nice thick bound blue book.

I would suggest that once you are on board, have your wife check with the party planner about the class. If they don't offer one,she can at least ask about the book.

We're scheduled to leave on the Eurodam on Saturday with Cricut. My DW found one of the golden tickets in a Cricut Cartridge this summer. We'll be doing some scrapbooking on the cruise, but that's a private party kind of deal.

It looks like ProvoCraft is going to do some other cruises as well... it might be worthwhile to watch to see if they're doing an special cruise sometime in the future. It'd definitely be cool to scrapbook on the ship, if that's what you're into.

However, I can't imagine my wife dragging her three big scrapbooking roll carts plus luggage on to a ship! When she goes scrapbooking, it's an all-out nightmare of equipment, paper, 12x12 file boxes, pictures, computer, printer... yikes!

Anyway, we'll report back to see if Provocraft is going to do other cruises and what the format will be.

Archived