Aquatheater Suite Balconies - Problems?

arrow3

Hi everyone - some of the other threads about Aquatheater Suites said that there was a soot problem on the balconies. Has this been resolved? I'm booked in an A3 on 9/25 and want to know if I should switch rooms before my final payment is due.

Also, if anyone has stayed in any of these suties (especially the A3's on Deck 10), what did you think of them? The 360 degree view on RCCL's site looks nice.

Thanks!

Hi everyone - some of the other threads about Aquatheater Suites said that there was a soot problem on the balconies. Has this been resolved? I'm booked in an A3 on 9/25 and want to know if I should switch rooms before my final payment is due.

Also, if anyone has stayed in any of these suties (especially the A3's on Deck 10), what did you think of them? The 360 degree view on RCCL's site looks nice.

Thanks!

It's an awesome balcony for sure.....but just not sold that the cabin is worth the price....like my OS's better.....but you need to be the person to make the decision. Just do be aware that you do have a public balcony right above you on deck 11...it looks down onto a portion of the A3 balcony below....here is a pix from it looking down. See those black spots on the deck....thats soot;)

2406090010104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

Just posted my review along with photos of cabin #10730, deck 10 starboard side. Privacy from above is not an issue as very few people even knew how to get back to the decks above.

What was a MAJOR issue is the soot. At times sitting outside you would get soot all over your clothes and if you had a drink, it too would get soot in it. I loved the cabin and balcony. It is worth the money if they can get the issues corrected. I would take it over just about any other suite on the ship due to the location and the size of the balcony.

I butted heads with Guest Relations as I feel that they should have a crew come to these cabins three times a day to wipe them down. My room steward was frustrated with the soot issue. He has been taking a lot of heat from guests.

Unless RCI gets the issue corrected, I would not take this cabin again. It's a shame too. I know that RCI has had folks on board from STX trying to come up with a solution to the problem as it also affects the Aqua Theater. Maybe we will hear something soon.

The soot issue has been since the day the ship sailed....they have been playing around with sailing with the funnels raised and lowered but seems like it's not solving the issue....this ship defiantely throws some seriuos soot....the sports deck was covered with it certain days.....and yes...there is soot in the Aquatheater....make sure to check those seats before sitting;)

The soot issue has been since the day the ship sailed....they have been playing around with sailing with the funnels raised and lowered but seems like it's not solving the issue....this ship defiantely throws some seriuos soot....the sports deck was covered with it certain days.....and yes...there is soot in the Aquatheater....make sure to check those seats before sitting;)

Where is this soot coming from? I thought the engines were diesel. Is the soot from burning waste?

Wow Cruisingator, your photos were GREAT! Thanks so much for posting. We also have this cabin booked and share in the concern of the soot issue. I hope RC will be able to resolve the issue. The suite looked great!

Thanks. I would suggest that you keep an eye here for updates. RCI is working to correct the issue as they know something has to be done to correct the problem. If the soot issue is corrected, it is one of the best cabins on the ship.:)

Just posted my review along with photos of cabin #10730, deck 10 starboard side. Privacy from above is not an issue as very few people even knew how to get back to the decks above.

What was a MAJOR issue is the soot. At times sitting outside you would get soot all over your clothes and if you had a drink, it too would get soot in it. I loved the cabin and balcony. It is worth the money if they can get the issues corrected. I would take it over just about any other suite on the ship due to the location and the size of the balcony.

I butted heads with Guest Relations as I feel that they should have a crew come to these cabins three times a day to wipe them down. My room steward was frustrated with the soot issue. He has been taking a lot of heat from guests.

Unless RCI gets the issue corrected, I would not take this cabin again. It's a shame too. I know that RCI has had folks on board from STX trying to come up with a solution to the problem as it also affects the Aqua Theater. Maybe we will hear something soon.

Thank you so much for the pictures. They are wonderful!

Archived