private guide at acropolis

Flowrider

We went with a tour group and the charge was per person, sorry, forgot rates, but it was reasonable...but my husband found it was more info and too lengthy than he wanted and was bored. Would just get guidebook and do it on our own, if we went again. We ended up wandering off on our own and had a great time, can always hear what other guides are saying.Really packed so they never know who s with them in most cases.:rolleyes:

hi, i would like to know how much a private guide charges for a tour of the acropolis and all the archeological sights there. would they charge the same if its 2 persons or a group of 6 or 8?

thank you

As I recall, it was around $75-85 total for the two of us. With more people, your per-person cost is going to be lower. Check these recent posting for more details, pictures, etc.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1085314

Initially, we didn't want to spend that much, but it worked out super well. Our guide was a retired teacher and she did a super job. How often do you get to see and experience one of the still-standing "WONDERS OF THE WORLD"? It helps to know what you are seeing, get guided up their safely, enjoy the shaded places to stand, have all of your questions answered, etc. It's well worth getting a good guide. Talk to several before hiring and make sure you can understand them well. Some of the guides are OK or average. Others are super excellent.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

hi, i would like to know how much a private guide charges for a tour of the acropolis and all the archeological sights there. would they charge the same if its 2 persons or a group of 6 or 8?

thank you

They have a bunch of licensed guides hanging around the entrance. We hired one for our group of 14 ( 90 euros ), so not expeninsive/person.

She was informative but rather stubborn in that she spent an indorindate amount of time on some things we were less interested, but did learn more and it is well worth it IMHO. Pre-reading is nice to get familar, but standing at attraction with book in hand reading seems to defeat the purpose of taking in with your eyes and abosbing with your ears. We found by asking ? learnined lots of tibbits.

If I have one suggestion go early to try and avoid the crushing crowds if poossible

We are going to Athens in July for the second time. Apart from the Acropolis, which of course I will visit again, I’m anxious to visit the new Acropolis Museum that had not opened yet when we visited the first time. We booked a private tour with the same company, which was awesome. I asked Nikos Loukas to reserve for us a guide for both the Acropolis and the Museum, and we got a great deal. It costs 200 euros just for the Acropolis and the Museum, but for the same price we got the guide for the entire day! And even better, we will split that 8-ways.

Archived