Hilton along Boardwalk?

whitman

is Hilton near Boardwalk? is it part of the boardwalk, or do you have to walk a distance to get to the boardwalk and then also walk the distance of the boardwalk. just trying to figure if we can do both if we do a day pass at hilton, or would it be too much walking.

We just got back from our cruise and had the taxi drop us at the Hilton...we then walked the beach until the Boardwalk and then took that till we got to Accra. That took us less than an hour and it was beautiful. Did it first thing before it got too hot. Then enjoyed time at Accra.

We had planned to take a taxi to Accra, spend some time, walk the boardwalk and the beach, then spend some time at the Hilton.

Well, we had a little difference of opinion with a taxi driver. Yes, we should have asked how much before getting in but it was chaos at the port.

The 1st stop was the Boatyard and the driver told everyone 10.00 per person. Now we had read posts before going and thought that Accra was about 12.00-14.00 per person.

While it was 10.00 only to Boatyard I asked about continuing to Accra and was told 25.00.

My first thought was that this driver must have been quoting Barbados dollars but that was not the case. We even had crew members who questioned the 10.00 to Boatyard as just the prior week they had paid 6.00.

We got off and walked from Boatyard all the way to Accra. It was a very nice scenic walk. We did need to leave the beach just before the Hilton as you couldn't walk around the point. MAYBE at low tide you could?

We re-entered on the other side and continued on the beach for a short bit until we hit the boardwalk.

We actually got chairs at Bar K'nai ( Bar K'nei?) instead of Accra because Accra seemed pretty full on the beach.

All told we had a great day and a nice woman with a small cab drove us back. Yes, we asked first. 20.00 BDS/ 10.00 US each.

That was the rate to the main terminal area. We decided that we wanted to go to our ship which was at the Flour Mill so she informed us at that point that it would be a little more. I think it was 5.00 BDS/2.50 US, total.

We just got back from our cruise and had the taxi drop us at the Hilton...we then walked the beach until the Boardwalk and then took that till we got to Accra. That took us less than an hour and it was beautiful. Did it first thing before it got too hot. Then enjoyed time at Accra.

Hi

We're thinking about getting a day pass at the Hilton.

Do you remember the cost of the taxi to the Hilton.

Seems like rates vary quite a bit.

Also, was the Hilton enjoyable?

Thanks,

Mari:)

We were interested in just going to the Hilton for lunch and then a walk/swim down the beach.

There isn't a probelm going into the Hilton, if your not a guest is there?

(we are HH members)

If you want to have use of towels, lounge chairs and umbrellas, you'll have to buy a day pass. The cost with a light lunch is $35.00 or $ 25.00 without.

Hilton advises calling first to see if the passes are available on any given day.

If you're just interested in going there for lunch and a stroll on the beach than the above isn't necessary.

Mari

We planned to walk from ACCRA on the boardwalk to the end, and then along the beach to Hilton. However something strange happened. Right after the end of the boardwalk, the beach came to an end. The waves and the water were covering it.

NOw I'm not sure what happened.....maybe it was high tide? Or did we miss it? Would have really liked to see Hilton....

AT this point we just got back on the boardwalk and climbed up the street, where we found a cab to get back to the ship.

We planned to walk from ACCRA on the boardwalk to the end, and then along the beach to Hilton. However something strange happened. Right after the end of the boardwalk, the beach came to an end. The waves and the water were covering it.

NOw I'm not sure what happened.....maybe it was high tide? Or did we miss it? Would have really liked to see Hilton....

AT this point we just got back on the boardwalk and climbed up the street, where we found a cab to get back to the ship.

When we did it in the other direction, there was 1 spot where we walked thru a little water and another spot where we went up on to the land portion (a dog was chained up there but didn't bother us) and walked for a minute to the other side where we could walk back down to the beach.

We planned to walk from ACCRA on the boardwalk to the end, and then along the beach to Hilton.

However something strange happened.

Right after the end of the boardwalk, the beach came to an end.

The waves and the water were covering it.

NOw I'm not sure what happened.....maybe it was high tide?

Or did we miss it? ===> No, you didn't.

The area at the Western end of the boardwalk was always marginal

-not much of a beach,unless it was low tide. :cool:

After completion of the boardwalk, Government addressed the issue by placing protective rocks

and then truckloads of sand in an attempt to make a decent connector of a beach

so people could easily transit to Hastings Beach proper

in all states of tide.

I haven't been down to the Western end in awhile,

so maybe some of it has been washed away in recent vigorous seas

and/or maybe you got there when Hi tide was peaking?

My wife says we should suspect the latter: she's the expert!

(-she walks the length of the boardwalk several times a week -I just play in the sand..) :cool:

Archived