Inspiration OR Legend

carriebryce

Last question for the night, promise!

Other than the length of cruise and ports of call, is there much difference between these two ships? Traveling with a 2yo and 4yo if that makes any difference.

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. I really appreciate it!

Yes- a few big differences. Legend is a Spirit class ship and Insipration is a Fantasy class ship. For short cruises the Fantasy class ships are great- big ship feel but it doesn't take a handfull of bread crumbs to find your way back to your room. Both have great facilities, but Legend will have the "bigger-ship" feeling. Both have a waterslide for the kids, and a great Lido deck. Inspiration just got a huge re-do (refit) a year or so ago. Either ship is great- so I would just concentrate on the itinerary you want versus which ship.

We are debating between the Inspiration and Legend as well! For us, it has to do with the fact that we live about an hour from the Tampa port and even though cruises out of Orlando are a little cheaper, between gas and parking, they would end up being more (we don't have to pay for parking in Tampa because we have family in the area that has already said they'd drive us over and pick us up)

I'm leaning more towards the Legend though, because the idea of a 7 day cruise sounds so much better to me. And we won't be going until Jan 2011 because our youngest doesn't turn two until Dec

from what I have gathered (I haven't cruised either ship, but will be on the Legend in 29 days), the Legend is considerably smaller. It tends to be quieter because it is smaller.

Personally, if I had kids, I would probably bring them on the bigger ship... a bigger ship means more square footage which means more places for activities that the kids could enjoy. However, I doubt you could go wrong with either one.

I have been on both and absolutely love the Spirit Class ships (Legend) but I would say that you can't go wrong with either one. The Legend has more balcony staterooms (682 cabins and/or suites w veranda) if that is your choice and if you want a balcony on the Inspiration (54 cabins and/or suites w/ veranda) you will have to chose a Suite........but on the Inspiration you can usuallly get better deals on the oceanview rooms.....Go either one and chose the itinirary and deal that is good for you.

We sailed on the Inspiration several years ago and it was still a nice ship though it is neither the newest or the biggest. The kids on board seemed to enjoy themselves though I will say that it was aggravating to even us that all of the amenities seemed to only be open for very limited amounts of time. The water slide was great - if you happened to get your turn during the hour or two it was open each day. Same thing with the hot tubs. (Though some nice crew members opted to let us soak a bit one night after we got back from walking all day.)

Archived