Complex upgrade question

sueb

I was able to find a great price for Late June 2010 sailing on the liberty (E2 @ 799/pp and 100 obc using next cruise and diamond discount) Have been able to play with cabin location and have 2 of the 3 cabins on 'the hump' on 8 port. Would like to get the 3ed cabin in close proximity and am thinking of putting it in the 'ok to upgrade group' (on the 3d cabin only) for a bit and see what happens. Right that is on the Hump 7 starboard (good location, I know.)

My question is this,

If we would be upgraded, say to a D3 (lowest price D's right now all on 6), and would then call and request upgrade to a d2 or d1 ( avail on deck 7 of which I Would PAY the difference for)....Ok..here is the Question?.. Would the difference I would pay be the cost I actually paid for our E2 cabin ..or..The current difference between the current price of the D3 and any upgrade I requested?

Thanks for your help. Although I appreciate any input on past experience, don't need any advice on location of our cabins...I know all of our cabins right now are just one floor apart. : )

When did you purchase your next cruise? if it was after jan 2009 then it is NOT combinable with diamond discount, so you may need to rethink your pricing.

If it was purchased before jan 1 2009 then you will need to inform them that you are grandfathered into the old rules.

When did you purchase your next cruise? if it was after jan 2009 then it is NOT combinable with diamond discount, so you may need to rethink your pricing.

If it was purchased before jan 1 2009 then you will need to inform them that you are grandfathered into the old rules.

Yes, it was purchased in fall of 2008. Thanks for your concern.

The upgrade price is the difference between the current price of the cabin you move to and the price you paid for the cabin that is currently on your reservation.

oohhhh...that is what I was hoping to hear : ) That gives me a ton more flexability ...! Thank You!

I was able to find a great price for Late June 2010 sailing on the liberty (E2 @ 799/pp and 100 obc using next cruise and diamond discount) Have been able to play with cabin location and have 2 of the 3 cabins on 'the hump' on 8 port. Would like to get the 3ed cabin in close proximity and am thinking of putting it in the 'ok to upgrade group' (on the 3d cabin only) for a bit and see what happens. Right that is on the Hump 7 starboard (good location, I know.)

My question is this,

If we would be upgraded, say to a D3 (lowest price D's right now all on 6), and would then call and request upgrade to a d2 or d1 ( avail on deck 7 of which I Would PAY the difference for)....Ok..here is the Question?.. Would the difference I would pay be the cost I actually paid for our E2 cabin ..or..The current difference between the current price of the D3 and any upgrade I requested?

Thanks for your help. Although I appreciate any input on past experience, don't need any advice on location of our cabins...I know all of our cabins right now are just one floor apart. : )

Putting aside that it´s more likely you are not being upgraded anyway the question is a really easy one to answer.

When you change a cabin outside your booked category, your cruise price will change. The new cruise fare will reflect the going rate at the time you made the change. You will owe them that "new" cruise fare.

So if you payed for $1000 for Category X and now change to Category Z, which is $1500 at the point of change, you will owe them $500.

Even if in between they upgraded you (for free) to category Y, you still owe them $500.

Putting aside that it´s more likely you are not being upgraded anyway the question is a really easy one to answer.

When you change a cabin outside your booked category, your cruise price will change. The new cruise fare will reflect the going rate at the time you made the change. You will owe them that "new" cruise fare.

So if you payed for $1000 for Category X and now change to Category Z, which is $1500 at the point of change, you will owe them $500.

Even if in between they upgraded you (for free) to category Y, you still owe them $500.

Ok...so is that just the opposite of what the last poster stated or am I not following what you are trying to say. What I'm hearing is I would owe the difference between what I actually paid (Cat X as you are calling it) and the cabin I am ASKING to be upgraded to(Cat Z) despite the fact I was upgrade by them to a higher cabin cat.in between. That would make a Big difference in my choice of how to handle this reservation. Overall this does make more sense though.

Is your response from actual experience? Thanks for your info!

The upgrade price is the difference between the current price of the cabin you move to and the price you paid for the cabin that is currently on your reservation.

Actually I think I said exact the same thing like cruiseguy1016 and the only reason I posted is that I think you misunderstood his post.

He said it´s the difference between the current price of the cabin you move to and the price you paid for the cabin on your reservation.

So if you were upgraded for free you still only paid (sticking to my example) $1000, even though you have a more expensive cabin listed on your reservation.

The point is what you paid and what you are owing now for the more expensive cabin.

Archived