FCC, what's the deal??

CALMOM

I really hated to start a new Thread for this but when I searched, I received too many conflicting stories and most of them were not current. I will be sailing for the second time with Princess in July.

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the FCC's work?

1. Where do yo get them?

2. How do you purchase them, is it a block of them?

3. Do they expire and if so, when?

4. Are there different types of FCC's?

5. Are the FCC's designated to a individual or can anyone use them?

6. What is the benefit of having FCC's?

7. What is the drawback of purchasing FCC's?

8. Is this only offered to Princess passengers or do other cruise lines have them?

Thank you so much. Again, sorry for starting a new Thread.

I really hated to start a new Thread for this but when I searched, I received too many conflicting stories and most of them were not current. I will be sailing for the second time with Princess in July.

1. Where do yo get them? Buy them on board

2. How do you purchase them, is it a block of them? You just fill out a form that available near the Future Cruise Desk. No block.

3. Do they expire and if so, when? Expire in 4 years from ourchase or you can turn them in for a refund

4. Are there different types of FCC's? Nope

5. Are the FCC's designated to a individual or can anyone use them? Designated to the individual listed on the form, non-transferable.

6. What is the benefit of having FCC's? A reduced deposit and an on board credit

7. What is the drawback of purchasing FCC's? none

8. Is this only offered to Princess passengers or do other cruise lines have them? most cruiselines offer something similar

The FCC program is explained on the princess website.

1. Where do yo get them? you buy them on the ship either directly from the Future Cruise Consultant of by filling in a sheet and dropping it off with them

2. How do you purchase them, is it a block of them?you put the cost you your credit card

3. Do they expire and if so, when?they expire after 4 years (I think, but you can turn them in and get your money back

4. Are there different types of FCC's?no

5. Are the FCC's designated to a individual or can anyone use them?allocated to an individual

6. What is the benefit of having FCC's?you use them as a deposit (greatly reduced meaning $100 vs 25% of fare), plus you get OBCs depending on the cruise length and cabin type

7. What is the drawback of purchasing FCC's?none that I know if

8. Is this only offered to Princess passengers or do other cruise lines have them?no idea about other lines, but the ones you buy from princess can only be used on princess

see above

1. Where do yo get them?

On the ship at the future cruise desk - $100 each

2. How do you purchase them, is it a block of them?

No - one or as many as you want

3. Do they expire and if so, when?

After four years

4. Are there different types of FCC's?

No - only one

5. Are the FCC's designated to a individual or can anyone use them?

Designated for the individual - you can only use it in the name purchased for - to get the benefits you will have to use one for yourself and one for your SI if in the same cabin.

$100 deposit for any cruise and you get OBC's varying in amount depending on cruise length and cabin class.

7. What is the drawback of purchasing FCC's?

I have found none so far

8. Is this only offered to Princess passengers or do other cruise lines have them?

Don't know - I think Princess only but could be wrong

Thank you so much. Again, sorry for starting a new Thread.[/quote

]No problem. here to help.

$100 deposit for any cruise

quote]

The $100 deposit does not apply to all cruises, only those under 20 days.

Sorry, but it worked for us on our fall 2008 31 day SFO to SYD cruise. Perhaps Princess made a mistake in our case. You may be thinking of the world cruise, I don't think it applies there.

That's interesting. For Princess Australia passengers FCC cost nothing, but then we don't get a reduced deposit. They are valid only for departures out of Australia for a 4 year period. The amount creditied to your shipboard account depends on the length of the cruise and is normally from $50-$150 pp. You may also receive OBC's for the cruise when booking from your travel agent.

Sorry, but it worked for us on our fall 2008 31 day SFO to SYD cruise. Perhaps Princess made a mistake in our case. You may be thinking of the world cruise, I don't think it applies there.

We have also used FCC's for cruises of this length, not a problem. The only cruise I was informed they couldn't be used for are world cruises (including any segments of the world cruise if I am not mistaken).

I have never tried to get my money back from a FCC, but I have read on the CC boards that you better still have the credit card account that you used to charge the FCC. One person had a terrible time trying to get their money back because they had closed the credit card account and opened a new one. Princess told them that they could only credit the original account. I never saw a resolution to this person’s problem.

I didn't see this mentioned. If you have to cancel a cruise :( that used a fcc as the deposit, Princess returns the fcc to your account for a future use. Princess does this once per fcc, if you need to cancel a second time (same fcc) Princess refunds the fcc.

Not mentioned so far: Yes, you must buy them on board, but they can only be in the name(s) of people that are actually on board.

In other words, you can not buy one for a friend or relative who is not already on the ship with you.

See the following from Princess "Cruise Answer":

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/during_cruise/board.jsp

I'll add that you don't have to personally see the cruise consultant, merely fill out and deposit the application form. Blanks are available just outside the CC's office.

We sail tomorrow on the Golden. We have already booked (but not fully paid for) our next cruise (also on Princess) the end of April. Can we purchase FCCs on this trip, have them applied to our existing booking AND receive the OBC? That would be nice but seems too good to be true...

TIA

We sail tomorrow on the Golden. We have already booked (but not fully paid for) our next cruise (also on Princess) the end of April. Can we purchase FCCs on this trip, have them applied to our existing booking AND receive the OBC? That would be nice but seems too good to be true...

TIA

Not sure about this since you've already paid your "deposit" but you could always try...

Go ahead and buy the FCCs and ask Princess or your TA to apply them to your April cruise (just do this before final payment). If it goes through, you just reduced your final amount due by $100 for each FCC and should get the OBC. Then you can buy more FCCs on the ship in April.

If they won't apply the FCCs to your April cruise, just hold them until you make your next cruise booking on Princess - the FCCs are good for 4 years.

Archived