MTD vs regular seating - special diet?

arb711

Does anyone have experience with this?

Early seating is way too early for me, but I have the same problem with late seating that others have posted - too full and too tired when dinner's over at 10:00 to enjoy any evening activities!

So MTD seems like the answer. Except that on my upcoming cruise on Mariner, my companion is both vegetarian and gluten free. My thought is that a regular seating might be better, having the same waiters every night who understand the situation. I know you can request the same table in MTD, but it seems more risky.

And I always rely on Cruise Critic to solve my cruising dilemmas! Any thoughts?

Both traditional and MTD are in the same dining room, and the food is from the same kitchen. It won't make a bit of difference. Just remind your waiter (if you get different waiters!) about any diet restrictions. They will have your info at hand.

If you make a standing reservation with the MTD desk you should be able to get the same waiter each night. It sounds like you're just looking for an in between times seating anyway, so that should work pretty well. If you have the same waiter each night they'll remember you're special needs.

Thank you, I should have said that I am aware of and am planning to notify RCL's special needs dept. I've read many posters saying that they had great experiences with RCL and gluten-free diets. But it also seems that getting the right waiter/maitre d' is important.

Archived