Triumph 1-23-10 Review/info With Pics

conchead

Did u have to make parking arrangements prior to arrival?

There is a code to use when you book online, but I had other questions

so I just called, and told them I was cruising and wanted to park there.

It was as simple as making any other hotel reservation,

just tell them you are wanting to park and cruise.

Here is the code.

Code: Ask for NOLACRUISE #307865

If the Lido deck was bouncing after the NFC playoff game? (I was in the Superdome at the time, just wondering what it was like on the ship).

But about Triumph. Was there a pool near/next to the slide ending? And for the Dhubby, did you note a cigar bar?

Great pictures and I like the slide show.

Cigar bar is on the 4th floor- really nice too. http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=TI&icid=CC_Carnival Triumph_200

One note- you can't just walk from the Photo Shop to the Cigar Bar when the Dining rooms are not open as it sits in the middle of them- you must go up to the 5th floor and then down. The internet cafe is in there as well.

The slide doesn't end in the pool- I didn't see many people use it on the 7day I was on at Christmas with 1100 kids but it was open.

We really liked the Drury Inn, and would probably do it again, without much thinking about it.

Yes the rooftop pool and hottub were up and running. It was kind of cool, so only the hottub was being used.

Double Decker bus..no reservations, I don't know how many there are, but

it is no problem getting to ride.

Thanks so much. Now we won't have to make up our minds until we are closer to sailing LOL. I saw the roof top pool in their pics and jus had to book lol. I figured the mini pool was a hot tub, thanks for confirmation.

There is a code to use when you book online, but I had other questions

so I just called, and told them I was cruising and wanted to park there.

It was as simple as making any other hotel reservation,

just tell them you are wanting to park and cruise.

Here is the code.

Code: Ask for NOLACRUISE #307865

Cheers......excellent photos btw

We were neighbors. I know I saw your wife. We were in cabin 8424. I don't know if it is port or starboard. I was really glad to know where the Ice machine was because we never even got our Ice bucket filled once. I have learned not to prepay tips though. My DD was going to remove hers but since she is a waitress changed her mind. Stating the guy may just be having a bad week. Other than that we had a great time. I love palanacar beach. Took DD parasailing and it was a blast. Snorkeling was ok but it was better in august. I did see 3 turtles and a barracuda. I thought the food was great, but DH did say his lobster was not as good as usual and DS had a very tough steak one night. I also work in health care. To bad we couldn't have met. I did do a m and g on one cruise but we were stalked for the entire cruise.:eek: So I am kind of leery to go to them. I am very jealous that you got called for an upgrade. How the heck did you do that? On all my cruises I have never got an upsell call. Now that I am platinum I will probably get a call to move from my cove balcony on the Dream but I don't want to move because I think they are going to be prime area. Glad you had a great time. See you on the boards/;)

You were on the port side..2 cabins away!! cool

No Ice?!?!...They would have heard about that for sure, and real quick too.

I have no idea how we got the call..they say it is totally ramdom, but we Loved that balcony!!

I would Love to have a cove balcony...now if I could convince my wife .;)

She thinks it is too close to the water.:rolleyes:

Conchead - Thanks for all the info. Was just wondering, did you book your room directly through Drury? I was just checking rates for May and they want almost $250 per night, which I thought was just way too much, especially for a Drury? Maybe it is just that time of year that we are going, who knows!

Conchead - Thanks for all the info. Was just wondering, did you book your room directly through Drury? I was just checking rates for May and they want almost $250 per night, which I thought was just way too much, especially for a Drury? Maybe it is just that time of year that we are going, who knows!

WOW! I've been doing some looking on here and saw where others were getting drury for 99/night. Someone posted a rate code to try and then I tried a PILLOW code. Both were less then I had reserved just the other day so I called. They adjusted the rate to a lower rate of 111/night. I know everyone that I read about fares said that the rates are based on what might be in town that day. Maybe there's a party/convention/sporting even that's effecting it that you are unaware of?

The drury inn as most of the other hotels in N.O. adjust their rates up and down depending on what is going on in the city on that day. They are very close to the Morial convention center and if there is something going on there the rates will be higher.

I live north of N.O. and would recomend to all that you plan an extra day or 2 either pre or post cruise to see the sights and enjoy the food and hospitality that new Orleans is famous for.

I (as most of us) couldn't afford super bowl tickets but i will be in the french quarter for the saints victory in the super bowl. WHO DAT!!!!

Ok I have a question. You said you walked to the peir from the Drury. How long did it take you? I've actually debated on doing this since we'll only have 2 small bags to tote along.

2 small bags would be no problem..at least for us

I was hoping...we could have dont that but....:rolleyes:no comment

We stayed at the Drury too and loved it! We drove to the port which seemed in my opinion way too far away to walk- especially with bags!

My wife and 1 shoulder bag and one med roller bag

I had 1 med/large roller with a small roller stacked on top.

we made it in about 20 minutes...mine were heavy, but I found out

once we got to port, if I didn't have them stacked, it was smooth as

silk, and would have been MUCH easier to deal with, making the

walk a little quicker.

We walked straight down Poydras to Convention Center Blvd??

turned right, and went a little ways and went inside the Riverwalk thing,

and that took us all the way to the ship, but there was a set of

stairs we had to take the bags down right at the port.

I called them directly, ours was a little over half that, but I guess it varies depending on the date.

I think we ended up with a good deal, considering it was the Saints BIG weekend

CAPERS ARE READY

Here is a link to view them

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...umph%20Capers/

If you would like, I can email a zipped copy,

put "Capers Request" in the subject line

email is in my signature

I just tried to pull up the capers. However, photobucket is requiring a password to sign on and not going right to the album.

I will just e-mail you for the capers.

CAPERS ARE READY

Here is a link to view them

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...umph%20Capers/

If you would like, I can email a zipped copy,

put "Capers Request" in the subject line

email is in my signature

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x233/SDZD/Triumph%20Capers/

Don't kow why it didn't work

this seems to

Thanks for the capers. The second link worked for me but the first didn't for some reason? Also thanks for the insight on the walk. It'll have to depend on how the DW feels about it, the weather, how the dw feels about it, how adventurous I feel (always up for adventure) and ummm how the DW feels about it. LOL

That's fopr the great review! I have your aft wrap cabin 8428 on the March 29th sailing and can't wait! Any downsides to the layout? How bad was the lido deck noise in the early morning. Anything at night?

That's fopr the great review! I have your aft wrap cabin 8428 on the March 29th sailing and can't wait! Any downsides to the layout? How bad was the lido deck noise in the early morning. Anything at night?

No real problems with the room layout, there isnt a lot of room at the end of the bed on one corner, since the room is angled, but no real problem.

Noise from the Lido..I honestly barely noticed it after I heard it the first time or two and wondered if that was what people complained about.

It wasn't really loud at all, but I guess some that want silence might be bothered.

Two times I did hear a loud noise, once was the divider between our balcony and the one on the side of the ship wasn't latched. I talked to the steward an he appologized and latched it. He said the last guest had friends in that cabin and they had it open. The other time was when the wind kicked up and blew a deck chair over. I learned to keep the back of the chairs against the wall if they were not being used.

I am working on another album of pics, that will show more of the balcony but it might take me a little longer.

I have close to 700 pics to go through and organize.

Thanks Conchead! One more thing, if you don't mind. I noticed that you are from Memphis and was wondering if you could recommend a decent/safe area to stay overnight at. My DD and I will be driving to NOLA coming down, I believe Hwy 55, so was kind of wanting some where just off the highway a bit, but wanted to make sure it was in a pretty decent area. It will be night when we get there, so kind of hard to find something when it is dark out. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Sue

Thanks Conchead! One more thing, if you don't mind. I noticed that you are from Memphis and was wondering if you could recommend a decent/safe area to stay overnight at. My DD and I will be driving to NOLA coming down, I believe Hwy 55, so was kind of wanting some where just off the highway a bit, but wanted to make sure it was in a pretty decent area. It will be night when we get there, so kind of hard to find something when it is dark out. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Sue

I would suggest that you go through Memphis, just a few miles to Horn Lake, MS.

(Goodman Rd Exit) It is just a few miles south of Memphis..maybe 5 miles or so.

Reasons why:

1, Memphis has good areas and bad areas, and you can go from

good to bad very quick!;)

2, In the morning when you get ready to go, you will be right at I-55

and just head south. That would eliminate any confusion with the wonderful

Interstate signage:rolleyes: we have here. The interstate is really simple, but the

way the signs read, it can be very confusing to visitors.

(Garmin or TomTom would be helpful)

3, From that area you would be about 5½ hours from the

port.(at posted speed limit, I don't want the trouble of an

out of state ticket, so I stay right at or no more than 2 or 3 mph above)

4, Several motel/hotel choices right at the exit

(at least 5 or 6 of the bigger name chains), also huge variety

of restaurants....all along one street...and there is a Wal*Mart :)

for any last minute things you might need or have forgotten.

Archived