ziplining - Cozumel or Belize?

debster818

Belize big time and twice on Sundays

Cozumel is nothing more than zipping between telephone poles stuck in the ground.

Belize is zipping through the jungle canopy and also includes a couple of rapels (sp?). The safety steps taken in Belize were impressive.

Wouldn't consider NOT taking the cruiseline excursion for Belize. It is about an hour drive each way. Coming back, we were so late, I'm not sure the ship would have waited for us otherwise. Only 3 ships were in port that day. Our ship was the only one still there when we finally got back. The other ships were sailing away.

The Belize zip-line tour is in the same national park where the cave-tubing excursions go. Depending on the length of time your ship will be in Belize you may be able to do both tours through a private vendor.

Pay a visit to the Belize port of call board for plenty of feed back on these tours and have a great trip. :)

My friends and I did the combo tour a few years ago through RCCL. We did both cave tubing and zip lining. 4 of 5 LOVED BOTH. One didnt care for the cave tubing - but now says...I can say "I did it"! We all loved zip lining! I have zipped in 6 different places.... I loved the Belize zip line!!! It has been one of my favorite excursions ever. I would choose belize over cozumel anytime... and I have... I am going back to Belize in June with my family. We have booked through an independent company (X-Stream cave tubing/zip). We are going to do both Cave tubing and Zip lining again. The cruise ship doesn't offer it anymore - and I am glad... The independent companies keep the groups small and have a better price. I hope we have a good experience with the company... I have heard both good and bad. Please let us know what you decide. Happy tubing and zipping!

I thought it was about 42 feet, but your point is right on.:)

LOL....I just looked it up. It is 45 feet and that is on the east side of the island were one of my favorite places to go is located......Cocoanuts Bar and Grill....Really cool place.....

I don't want to hijack this thread, but since it's such a similar topic, I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

Is Belize or Roatan better for zip-lining? We are going to do cave tubing in Belize and was planning on doing zip-lining in Roatan. But...if it's better in Belize than we'll just do the combo tour of cave tubing and zip-lining.

Thanks!

Archived