Chair Massage?

HI...Does anyone know whether you can get a chair massage (ie just sit in chair, don't take your clothes off) on the ship? Last time, I saw they HAVE the chairs and were giving free chair massage as a promo to get you upstairs into the spa. However, I've never seen this offered as a paid service.

I am not interested in the hour+ long massages, but would pay "cruise ship premium" prices for a good 1/2 hr back/neck massage 1-2 times on my 14 day cruise. Do you think I should just ask the spa on the first day?

The charge for an hour massage is $99.00 (we are diamond members so there is a coupon in your crown and anchor booklet for 20% off - I opted for the deep muscle massage and because I have athritis in my shoulder(s) I was in agony later - even with drinking lots of water - so I would have one again - just the regular body massage

You can also go in as a couple and I think the charge is less - book it the first day, when there's no line ups - the spots fill up fast:)

I just got off the Voyager and they had a chair sitting in the Solarium but did not ask how much. I have had massages on previous cruises and they were great, but never in the chair. On this cruise, I had a massage in Rotan that was great, 60 min for $50, plus tipped $10.

Actually, I'm planning a transatlantic and need the massage on sea days so I don't have the cheaper island option. I'm sort of "over" the whole "oooh...let's have a cruise ship massage". My problem is that I have a neck condition that requires massage. If I don't carry luggage, sit only in supportive chairs and just walk around and look cute, I don't need the massage. But once I start doing anything more than look cute, I need a massage to relax my muscles or risk pain. Chair massage works best for me because I just need 1/2 hr of elbowing to get relief. That way, I can afford 2-3 massages, which will get me through the trip. I'll consult with the spa ladies on the first day and check in the Solarium. Though, I find it interesting that they offer a service that isn't advertised....how do we know to go if they don't tell us?

Archived