Why won't Carnival show you all available cabins in a category?

Jeafl

Why do they only show you 8 or 10? I was trying to book 3 cabins near each other, and was having a terrible time. I finally called Carnival and they told me about one that was available but not shown. It seems to make more sense to show us all the options, but they must have their reasons for not doing that.

I agree I have been looking for two cabins by friends already booked and wanted to explore different options but can't do it online. I posted a thread asking if there were any other sites available where you could see all cabin availability. So far no luck. This is one of the few areas where I wish Carnival would improve.

If they show everything that is available they tip their hand at how well the ship is selling (or not selling) which is something they hold very close to the sleeve. If you want a cabin by your friends you need to call a TA or Carnival. While the TA does not have every cabin they can input cabins around your friends and see what comes up or call Carnival for you. The Carnival rep should be able to look at a list come up with some options.

And the issue of being unable to see ALL available staterooms is not restricted to just Carnival....pretty much the same with all cruiselines.

Simple solution is to call the cruiseline or your TA and let them find the staterooms you are in need of and what the availability is.

They do filter the cabins according to number of guests per cabin in the request box. That will have something to do with what you see, but agree that they should show all available cabins for the number of guests requested.

another issue could be that some travel agencies will "hold" blocks of rooms for them to sell to their own "groups". Therefore those rooms won't show as available until the travel agency releases them back to Carnival for general inventory.

They do filter the cabins according to number of guests per cabin in the request box. That will have something to do with what you see, but agree that they should show all available cabins for the number of guests requested.

Yes, this of course is to put 2 people in a cabin for 2 and save the cabins with the bunks for cabins of 3 or 4 people.

If they show everything that is available they tip their hand at how well the ship is selling (or not selling) which is something they hold very close to the sleeve. If you want a cabin by your friends you need to call a TA or Carnival. While the TA does not have every cabin they can input cabins around your friends and see what comes up or call Carnival for you. The Carnival rep should be able to look at a list come up with some options.

Bingo!!! I vote for this reply. Carnival doesnt want competitors to know how well ships are selling and information about earnings which could be figured out before its released quarterly.

I have to vote for this response as well. Seems like the most likely reason. Anytime I have my eye on a certain room, and it's not coming up on the site, I just call Carnival directly and they can easily look it up for you. That's what I did with my booking for the Legend. We were booking a 4K and had very specific rooms we were interested in (rooms that fall between the lifeboats so as to have a little better of a view). Our #1 pick wasn't coming up on the site, but it was available.

Bingo!!! I vote for this reply. Carnival doesnt want competitors to know how well ships are selling and information about earnings which could be figured out before its released quarterly.

That makes no sense since MOST Carnival Cruises sail full!!!!!

That makes no sense since MOST Carnival Cruises sail full!!!!!

True they mostly sail FULL, but the dynamics of pricing happen BEFORE the ship is full and if their competitors (or even those that book direct with cruiseline) know how full a ship was, could be to their benefit to adjust pricing to persuade passengers to book on another line.

Why do they only show you 8 or 10? I was trying to book 3 cabins near each other, and was having a terrible time. I finally called Carnival and they told me about one that was available but not shown. It seems to make more sense to show us all the options, but they must have their reasons for not doing that.

Go to Travelocity and look at cruises there. They show you lots more rooms that are available.

I have to vote for this response as well. Seems like the most likely reason. Anytime I have my eye on a certain room, and it's not coming up on the site, I just call Carnival directly and they can easily look it up for you. That's what I did with my booking for the Legend. We were booking a 4K and had very specific rooms we were interested in (rooms that fall between the lifeboats so as to have a little better of a view). Our #1 pick wasn't coming up on the site, but it was available.

I have been looking for this type of room and wonder which have less of an obstructed view. Could you tell me. Nancy

Go to Travelocity and look at cruises there. They show you lots more rooms that are available.

Carnival shows max of 10 cabins per sub-category (4A, 4B, 4C....) - NO TA sirte, including the one mentioned shows more than this - they share the same database. ken

Archived