Park & Cruise Hotel

KKCruisers

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Park & Cruise Hotel in Ft Lauderdale. So far I have found the Comfort Inn but I was wondering if there are others that offer parking too.

Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Comfort Inn or any other P&C hotel.

Thanks for the help.

It's actually fairly close to the FLL Airport. Reasonable rates. Fairly nice rooms. Aircrews stay there. Free shuttle to the pier. Have to arrange own transportation back ($24 cab) and the parking is free for the week. Have used this hotel several times and liked it. Dozens of others going out on cruises doing same thing.

It's actually fairly close to the FLL Airport. Reasonable rates. Fairly nice rooms. Aircrews stay there. Free shuttle to the pier. Have to arrange own transportation back ($24 cab) and the parking is free for the week. Have used this hotel several times and liked it. Dozens of others going out on cruises doing same thing.

The one I am looking at is in Hollywood,FL. I thought it was closer to the Port than a $24 cab ride. Is there another one that has Park & cruise?

Thanks,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Park & Cruise Hotel in Ft Lauderdale. So far I have found the Comfort Inn but I was wondering if there are others that offer parking too.

Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Comfort Inn or any other P&C hotel.

Thanks for the help.

I suggest you check this hotel out: Cambria Suites in Dania Beach It is a newer chain under the choice hotels brand. It is only 6.5 miles from Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal. For my upcoming cruise, I reserved two suites ($87.00 each) for one evening for a total of $177 for both suites .. That was total cost for two suites, one evening.

Make sure to check the senior rate of anyone in room is over 60 years young.

This is a new suite hotel that just open months ago. No reviews yet but if you go to tripadvisor dot com and type in Cambria suites you can read about some of their sister hotels that also recently opened. The reviews on this hotel chain are excellent, and they are rated number one or number two hotel in most cities they are in.

No cancellation penalty until 48 hours from date reserved. Breakfast is an extra $8 per person, but they have an outstanding breakfast buffet to choose from.

Resturant and full bar on site. Read the reviews on tripadvisor. They offer park and cruise at $7.00 per day with free shuttle to and from port.

Hope this helps ...

OMB

I just booked the Cambria Suites for upcoming Feb. 14th on the Solstice. It's a great chain - have stayed at a new one in Baton Rouge, LA.

Very clean, comfortable beds, nice bathrooms and a good value. Cambria

Suites and Hyatt Place Dania Beach are both new and close to both the airport and cruise terminal. Both have complimentary transportation from the airport.

I would NOT recommend the Best Western Airport South. We had major problems at check-in. We were not alone as many unhappy guests were packed into a small lobby waiting for hours. The staff would hand out keys to rooms that had not been cleaned and rooms that were already occupied!:eek: The shuttle ran late for airport pick-up and cruise passengers. We ended up booking our own shuttle to the port for 80.00.

we booked fairfield inn & suites on line. it was $84, free parking and breakfast. shuttle to pier is $8pp. go to trip advisor for reviews. comfort got bad ones. fairfield is owned by marriott & a new hotel. we have stayed at la quinta. it was fine.

Why the thumbs down? As far as hotels we have only stayed at Embassy Suites and Hyatt place. They are both close by the port, Hyatt's rates have been lower and they do offer a shuttle...I didnt have a car so didnt look into the park and cruise options but the hotel itself is a nice one

Generally, a hotel will let you park your car in their lot for about a week at no additional charge if you stay one night at their property. The rates for the room tend to be about $10 more than I would pay with a AAA discount (around CMH, my home airport). Often they have a shuttle to the airport or cruiseport at no additional charge. When I returned recently, the shuttle had stopped for the night but the hotel picked up the taxi fare. Stay, park, and fly/cruise is a win-win.:D

The new Hyatt Place, Ft. Lauderdale Airport South also offers a Stay, Park & Cruise package. BTW, the icon you used is a Thumbs Down icon and not a question mark icon. :D

Dave

Sorry, I didn't have my glasses on when I did it! LOL I will try the Hyatt thanks for the info.

we booked fairfield inn & suites on line. it was $84, free parking and breakfast. shuttle to pier is $8pp. go to trip advisor for reviews. comfort got bad ones. fairfield is owned by marriott & a new hotel. we have stayed at la quinta. it was fine.

Thanks for the info, when I tried Fairfiels the price they quoted me was $174 and that was senior rate. How long ago did you book? Did you call them direct?

Thanks

By the way, when you folks do the hotels do you bring all of your luggage into the room, or do you leave it in the vehicle. If you recommend the former then this would not be an alternative for us since we would have to lug at least five pieces into the room.

I pack a small bag with our night things and next days clothes,etc. I leave it in the car while we are on the cruise. I agree, I don't want to lug everything into the hotel.

We live in Florida and we could drive over in the morning, but once a few years ago we were on our way to Key West and there was a big accident on the highway and we were in traffic the whole day and didn't make it to Key West till evening. If we had been going on a cruise then we would have missed it, so that is why we do the hotel the night before, it works out good because you pay almost just as much for a room as you do for parking for a week.

Would someone please explain the "Park and Cruise" concept in terms of price. We have always flown to our embarkation port but will be driving to Florida for our July cruise. We had planned on parking at the port but "Park and Cruise" sounds interesting.

Part of the beneift is the savings... On the cruise I went in December 09 out of Port Everglades, the rate was $15 per day for the car to part at the port. It is a nice parking garage, very close to the pier, and I am sure quite safe for the car as one needs a ticket and ID to gain access to the port... but I needed a hotel anyway, so I chose one that will allow me a nice stay and an economical savings for parking my car.

There are a lot of hotel rates quoted for this hotel or that hotel, but one has to keep in mind that we are all booking for different dates.. thus a rate of $85 per night in May or June is lower than a rate of $150 in February. January through April is prime time in Florida and the rates are higher until after Easter when all the snowbirds go back up north after the winter.

Oh.. I'm not a snow bird, I am a "halfback". A halfback is someone who moved from New England to Florida, then moved halfway back and now lives in the Carolinas.

Thanks for the info, when I tried Fairfiels the price they quoted me was $174 and that was senior rate. How long ago did you book? Did you call them direct?

Thanks

booked last sat

the phone # is 954-981-2700. maybe it is the time you want. we booked 5/16

it is the same rate as on the website. ad

Part of the beneift is the savings... On the cruise I went in December 09 out of Port Everglades, the rate was $15 per day for the car to part at the port. It is a nice parking garage, very close to the pier, and I am sure quite safe for the car as one needs a ticket and ID to gain access to the port... but I needed a hotel anyway, so I chose one that will allow me a nice stay and an economical savings for parking my car.

There are a lot of hotel rates quoted for this hotel or that hotel, but one has to keep in mind that we are all booking for different dates.. thus a rate of $85 per night in May or June is lower than a rate of $150 in February. January through April is prime time in Florida and the rates are higher until after Easter when all the snowbirds go back up north after the winter.

Oh.. I'm not a snow bird, I am a "halfback". A halfback is someone who moved from New England to Florida, then moved halfway back and now lives in the Carolinas.

Hi Halfback, I love that! I wonder what you would call me, I moved from NE to Orlando and then to the west coast of FL, Port Charlotte. How about Sun Bird! I'm always seeking warmer weather.

BTW, how did you get that rate for Cambria and also did you find out if they have security for the parking lot. I really don't know that much about Ft Lauderdale but some people on the FL board are saying it's not safe to park in some places. I have never worried about that before when I've used Park and fly/cruise but most places have had indoor parking garages and are in safe areas of town.

My sister lives in NC now but she did move to FL for a few years, I can't wait to tell her she is a Halfback.

Thanks,

Katt

Archived