$48.50 for a 7 day soda card? No thanks.

At least RCI hasn't "banned" soda from being brought on board. I don't understand what the problem is... bring on your own.

According to the RCCL web site – non alcoholic beverages are also NOT PERMITTED to be brought on board.

M

From the website -

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic nor non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

According to the RCCL web site – non alcoholic beverages are also NOT PERMITTED to be brought on board.

M

From the website -

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic nor non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

The problem with this is it's 100% not enforced by anyone with regards to soda, juice and water.

So do they actually charge for seltzer from the gun if you don't have a sticker? I'm not a soda drinker but love seltzer....

If you don't have a sticker, they'll sell you cans of club soda at the regular soda price ($2.24). I'm also a seltzer fan and made the mistake of not getting the sticker on my last cruise - never again! Seltzer from the gun and as much as I want, bring it on! :)

So do they actually charge for seltzer from the gun if you don't have a sticker? I'm not a soda drinker but love seltzer....

ME, too! I don't drink soda. Yes, they charge.

I refused to pay for the soda card, especially for seltzer. I brought my own on board. My kids aren't big soda drinkers, so if they wanted one with dinner it was much cheaper route for us.

Hey,

Newbie here and going on my first cruise next may on liberty. Just a quick question re the soda card. If you have your own container, will they fill that up??? or is it just the glass they give you??

Thanks

Wow, I just found 10 year OLD "Navigators" yesterday while cleaning out my old closet at my mom's house. (btw- this is a Cruise Compass for teenagers, do they still do this??) I scanned them and they can be seen in the link for Sovereign- in my signature if you are interested in seeing them.

In 1999, I was 16 and experienced my first cruise. I have these Navigators and saw that for my 3-day on the Sovereign it cost $8.05 for the whole soda package. Thats about $2.68 a day!!! What a steal compared to today's prices :)

I guess I am a lucky one because I don't drink soda any more, so I never paid attention to the package prices.

Hey,

Newbie here and going on my first cruise next may on liberty. Just a quick question re the soda card. If you have your own container, will they fill that up??? or is it just the glass they give you??

Thanks

You definitely dont need the special cup on Royal Caribbean or Princess. Just show your soda card and they will pour FOUNTAIN soda into any cup. The soda card does NOT apply to canned soda.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a first time RCCL cruiser :) I have googled to see if you have to use the mug/cup they give you for soda or can you order by the glass/can? What a pain if you have to drag a cup everywhere you go :(

They give you an insulated cup. If you don't have it with you they'll give you a glass with ice. I often do the latter.

I am a first time RCCL cruiser :) I have googled to see if you have to use the mug/cup they give you for soda or can you order by the glass/can? What a pain if you have to drag a cup everywhere you go :(

Like GXman said, you don't have to have the cup with you. That would just be silly!

DH and I never get the soda card, mainly b/c we drink the iced tea, lemonade and water. We do however purchase the soda package for my mom, who drinks nothing but water and diet soda for the length of her cruise. Last week on the Explorer we paid $82.80 for her for our 12 night cruise, which included the 15% gratuity. This way she doesn't have to worry about it, and she can just show her SeaPass anywhere and get a soda. She usually has 2 glasses with dinner and a few throughout the day, as she usually stays onboard even during port days.

They use the stickers on your Sea Pass and have been for more than 5 years.

beachchick

OR if you Pre-Order the Soda Package via the RC website the Coca-Cola Logo will be part of your Sea-Pass

(The Written Coca Cola Logo NOT the Coke Wave)

You have to drink 24 sodas over the course of the week to break even. Not counting the last day (debarkation), that's about 3.5 sodas a day!

Yikes! That's a lot of soda!

Yikes is right. For me, not worth it. I can spend that $$ better elsewhere!

It all depends if you drink soda or not. Lunch and dinner, soda will be around $2 in a restaurant. It's a rip-off. If you drink 3 sodas a day, it's break even. If you drink more, than you are saving. It's cheaper than beer at around $5 a can. It's an option, that you decide if it is worth it. Note that kids are cheaper, and definitely worth it. For adults, it's a toss up.

Archived