Calling all shoppers

ptdooey

Looking for unique type things..possibly pocketbooks, handmade things, etc...which port would you recommend I convince my husband we need to shop in since I cant do them all....

I like St. Thomas but have been there a few times and looking for something new....thanks for advice

St. Thomas

Antiqua

Barbados

Dominican Republic

Grenada

thanks

I don't think any of these places really have any "handmade" items anymore. Almost everything is "made in China" these days. However, I understand that Antigua still has a "market" where they sell handmade items. It is not the one right at the pier but about a 15 minute walk down by the bus station. I haven't been there but that is my understanding from a couple of "locals".

Hello,

If you are doing your shopping on St. Thomas, head out to Tillett Garden (its in Tutu... along the same route to Coki Beach/Coral World). Its not a big area but has a few local artist shops. You can pick up handmade candles with local scents, paintings and pottery. Sometimes handmade jewerly and other neat things. Another store is the Co-Op accross from Emancipation Park in downtown Charlotte Amalie.

--Islander

Archived