Cozumel docking

For all you recent cruisers to Coz I was wondering if all the ships dock at the place that is several miles from downtown? I know years ago we sometimes docked there and sometimes docked right in the downtown area where you get off the ship and go over a foot bridge above the street. We are doing a B2B on the Fantasy in 2 days.

Thanks

As YST said, expect to dock in Puerta Maya. It's a seven dollar cab ride to San Miguel, for up to four folks, from the pier.

The pier can accommodate two ships. If there are more than two Carnival ships calling in Coz the other will dock at Punta Langosta, downtown.

:)

As YST said, expect to dock in Puerta Maya. It's a seven dollar cab ride to San Miguel, for up to four folks, from the pier.

The pier can accommodate two ships. If there are more than two Carnival ships calling in Coz the other will dock at Punta Langosta, downtown.

Mach, we are on the Dream in August stopping in Cozumel. Is there a schedule to see if there will be three CCL ships in port and if so which will dock downtown?

We have some people in our group planning on going to the Royal Holiday all inclusive (just off the end of the pier) and will need to plan differently if we know we will be docking downtown.

Thanks

Jim

We docked downtown, much to my surprise ... next to Disney Magic, ... so it does happen.

Fire..which day were yall in Coz?

We were there on Tues, Jan 26th.

There was a Carnival ship docked next to a Disney ship when we were there.

Also, for anyone interrested, here are the Taxi Fares

From the Puerta Maya pier

STA71394.jpg

Fire..which day were yall in Coz?

We were there on Tues, Jan 26th.

There was a Carnival ship docked next to a Disney ship when we were there.

Lets see we left Saturday Jan 23rd. So, it would have been Tuesday, Jan 26th, you are correct. That was the Ecstasy. I had closed my curtains on my port holes so didnt look out until I got to Lido deck. Boy was I surprised to see Disney. I didnt know Disney went to Cozumel.

Host Mach - why do you mention San Miguel? Is there something interesting to do there for the day? We're looking for something to do on our upcoming Valor cruise.

Host Mach - why do you mention San Miguel? Is there something interesting to do there for the day? We're looking for something to do on our upcoming Valor cruise.

San Miguel is the official name of the downtown area where all the shops are located.

Dave

San Miguel is the town that everyone seems to refer to as Cozumel. It's where the majority of the shopping and name restaurants and bars are... Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville; Senior Frogs; Hard Rock Cafe, etc.

It's a seven dollar cab ride from Puerta Maya and at the end of the pier if you dock at Punta Langosta...

Lets see we left Saturday Jan 23rd. So, it would have been Tuesday, Jan 26th, you are correct. That was the Ecstasy. I had closed my curtains on my port holes so didnt look out until I got to Lido deck. Boy was I surprised to see Disney. I didnt know Disney went to Cozumel.

Thanks Fire,

I couldn't tell which ship it was, I just knew it was Disney.

Also, I thought we were hitting port the same day

(I better not say hitting port the way Carnival has been running into

things lately). I looked but didn't see you, but with 6 ships there it was a

bit of a crowd.

Archived