October 2011- when will these cruises be available to book?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently NCL have pulled out of UK sailings for summer 2011 - departures from Copenhagen, Barcelona and somewhere else (Amsterdam?). I would like to think this is good news for Thomson should they wish to come back to ex-UK departures but they will already have committed to the 2011 season itineraries now.

I'd like to think they were coming back to the Norway/Baltic/Iceland trips (I think you are interested in these too, Dave) but can't say I'm too optimistic. I wish they'd get the brochure out soon, like you Flopsy, I'm keen to know what's on offer next year. But perhaps this news re NCL (reduced competition) might just make a differnece in the longer term. Fingers crossed!

Speculation

I would like them to start ex UK cruises again but who knows? If they don't retire a ship they will have 4 for summer 2011 (lets ignore Island Escape). One based in Palma for W. Med. One in Corfu for Adriatic/Greece and one in ? for Turkey/E. Med. This would leave a 4th ship for the UK and I notice Celebration is leaving the Red Sea early and heading to Palma. Celebrations early move might be because

a. repositioning to the UK

b. refit

c. coming to end of charter and leaving Thomsons.

I think Celebration is a bare bone charter and as such should give a higher profit margin which suggests if the are losing a ship it might not be her., but we will just have to wait

Speculation

I would like them to start ex UK cruises again but who knows? If they don't retire a ship they will have 4 for summer 2011 (lets ignore Island Escape). One based in Palma for W. Med. One in Corfu for Adriatic/Greece and one in ? for Turkey/E. Med. This would leave a 4th ship for the UK and I notice Celebration is leaving the Red Sea early and heading to Palma. Celebrations early move might be because

a. repositioning to the UK

b. refit

c. coming to end of charter and leaving Thomsons.

I think Celebration is a bare bone charter and as such should give a higher profit margin which suggests if the are losing a ship it might not be her., but we will just have to wait

Oh - I know it's all speculation - but I do enjoy knocking our ideas around!! That's the fun of it!!! :D:D:D

You could be right though about there being something significant about Celebration moving out of the Red Sea early but I agree with you, it's unlikely that they will let her go before either Destiny or Spirit because as you quite rightly say, it's a bare bone charter and therefore more profitable than the other two.

It will be interesting to see how things unfold in due course. Keep us posted if you pick up any info. :)

Archived