Price range for a single glass of wine?

jlovely

Can someone give me the range for wine by the glass in the MDR as well as in the bars? I thought I saw a list of wines that ranged from $6.50 - $8 per glass but I'm assuming there HAS to be better wines served, right?

Does anyone have a wine glass list?

Thank you!

No--wine is waaaay overprice (IMO) on cruise ships.

all alcohol is overpriced on cruise ships... but we're willing to take the hit :) it's better than paying $9 for a mixed frozen drink that has hardly any rum in it IMO :D

I'm used to paying $15-$20 for a GREAT glass of wine at fine restaurants...and will willingly pay that on the cruise as well if the wine is up to par.

Wine is very expensive. I remember paying $7 for a glass of wine on the Explorer in 2002 & 2003. I purchased a bottle of wine for dinner and a small bottle was $32. My choice of alcohol is limited, and wine I do drink, so I paid the price!

If you do like wine, then why not consider the wine package. It's still somewhat overpriced but a great deal cheaper than wine by glass. The minimum is 5 bottles of wine of your chosing from different packages (priced accordingly). The best way to do it is during your embarkation. On our last cruise they had a table set up with the lists right inside of the ship. They were offering the same wine packages at 20% off the listed prices on their website, so much better deal than wine by glass. They will keep the opened wine bottle for you after you're done with dinner or you can take the opened bottle back to the room, if you so chose.

If you do like wine, then why not consider the wine package. It's still somewhat overpriced but a great deal cheaper than wine by glass. The minimum is 5 bottles of wine of your chosing from different packages (priced accordingly). The best way to do it is during your embarkation. On our last cruise they had a table set up with the lists right inside of the ship. They were offering the same wine packages at 20% off the listed prices on their website, so much better deal than wine by glass. They will keep the opened wine bottle for you after you're done with dinner or you can take the opened bottle back to the room, if you so chose.

thank you! :) We are actually looking into the wine packages for dinner. Since there's two of us it'll roughly work out to 2 glasses of wine each per bottle. Problem comes AFTER dinner when we want more wine :rolleyes: Just trying to price out the post-dinner drinking!

We're debating upping the package from 5 to 7 bottles so we can each take a bottle out of the MDR with us to enjoy after dinner a few nights (I promise we're not drunks...but it's a LONG night after dinner!)

The cheapest crapfest wine (La Terre) is $5.95 a glass plus 15%. It comes in three varietals...the one I remember (because I choked it down every night, lol) was the merlot.

In Portofino and the MDR I switched to a different brand, a pinot noir for $6.95. I much prefer pinot noir, but it wasn't available in most bars.

One night I looked like a super wino because at the end of dinner I was heading to...Battle of the Sexes, I think, and I had a 2 for 1 coupon and I wanted two pinot noirs, so I walked out of the MDR carrying two full glasses, lol.

I know on Carnival if you're dining at the same table in the Main Dining room they'll cork your bottle and put it away for then next night. Is that something they offer on RCL? And do they offer it in My Time Dining?

Absolutely. Or you can take the bottle with you.

I just got back from a cruise and the wine by the glass in the MDR ranged from $6.00 to $10.00 per glass. Looked like the bottles of wine were comparable to the wine package prices, but I didn't look that close at those. If you do want to have some wine to take back to your cabin after dinner and to have the next day, order the wine by the bottle or the wine package for the whole trip.

I have found that the prices are about the same as the cheapest chain restaurants at home like Applebees or Olive Garden, usually in the $6-$12 range. I don't find that expensive. Where do you find cheaper prices at home?

Yeah that sounds about right for the cheap restaurants by me too.

Can someone give me the range for wine by the glass in the MDR as well as in the bars? I thought I saw a list of wines that ranged from $6.50 - $8 per glass but I'm assuming there HAS to be better wines served, right?

Does anyone have a wine glass list?

Thank you!

Yes there are more expensive wines by the glass as well, but not al all locations

I ordered my wife a glass of Behringer white zinfindale. It was about $8.00 and was maybe a five ounce pour( a small wine glass filled about half way)

On my last cruise i noticed the "short" pours when ordering a glass of wine. I do not mind paying the price but a decent pour would be appreciated.

Beware that there are 2 wine lists: one limited one for the wine package and one for those who want to order separately. You will have much more choice if you don't take the wine package....

Beware that there are 2 wine lists: one limited one for the wine package and one for those who want to order separately. You will have much more choice if you don't take the wine package....

Yes, they don't want you to be able to compose a wine mix that wouldn't let them make a good profit on the package.

Is the non-package wine list THAT much better? Looking at the Diamond wine package list, I saw MAYBE exactly 5 bottles that we would like to try...which is good since we want the 5 bottle package. :)

Hi amy-I just joined and was reading about wine on RCCL and saw you were on Norway in 1994=me too! What month?We went July and loved it. Just thought it was a cute coincidence!

Hi Christy! We went in April. Absolutely LOVED it. I recently saw someone's Youtube video and it brought back SUCH memories. What a GORGEOUS ship and SOOOO different from today's ships!! :)

Archived