San Juan Porto Rico

pollux

How far is the Airport from the Cruise Port?

Price off taxi fare?

Its been a few years since I cruised in PR. Don't know how many miles, but its only a 10 to 15 minute ride from the airport to the terminal. When you arrive at the airport, go outside to the Taxi Kiosk and tell them where you want to go, they will hand you a slip of paper to give to the taxi driver. They charge by zones, and the price for that zone will be on that slip, plus tip naturally. If I remember correctly, it was $20.00 for the fare

I asked on San Juan board, but thought I would ask here as well. What zone is the Caribe Hilton in? Could be 4 or is it considered in Condando area? We are debating renting a car to come & go day before as we like, or taking taxis to do the same.

I asked on San Juan board, but thought I would ask here as well. What zone is the Caribe Hilton in? Could be 4 or is it considered in Condando area? We are debating renting a car to come & go day before as we like, or taking taxis to do the same.

They would be considered in the same zone so the fare is $10. We always rent a car and use Charlies Car Rental. They shuttle you to and from the pier from their location in Condado on Ashford Ave. Near Chilis. If you go into OSJ for dinner, then it is cheaper than cab fare all around.

There is usually a line at the kiosk to get the slip of paper. We had no idea where the line started/ended. As we were trying to figure this out, the driver of a taxi at the end of the taxi line asked us if we wanted a taxi. We knew the zone prices, verified the rate and took the taxi. This would probably be considered "butting in line", but that driver was ready to go so we took his taxi!

Caribe Hilton is on a peninsula, just across the bridge from the Condado area. It's technically in Fuenta San Geronimo.

Archived