Exclusive Santorini Tour $345

cruisedudes

I have no experience with this tour, but I've been to Santorini twice and no tour in my opinion is worth that... Oia is the highlight and it's 1.10 Euro for the bus or about 20.00 Euro Cab ride each way (4 in a cab). We had friends who did book an Elite Tour on Santorini and were very, very disappointed.

Azamara is offering an "Exclusive Santorini Tour" for $345. If you have had experience with this tour we would appreciate your comments.

My husband and I were on the Azamara Journey that stopped in Santorini last May. Although we did not take this tour I remembered looking at the price and thought it was a misprint. The couple we were traveling with were so adamant about taking a private excursion similar to the Azamara tour that we agreed and hired our own guide, it was less expensive. Yes, it's nice to travel around the island, but the real attraction are the towns of Oia and Fira. If you feel you want to see more do some research on your own and use these boards. Fellow cruisers are only to happy to provide recommendations and details of this area.

Have a great trip.:)

Pat

WOW! For that money I will meet you in Santorini and show you around :). Keep in mind that Santorini is a relatively small island that is very tourist friendly and where English is widely spoken. Many first time visitors simply explore the main town of Fira which can only be done on foot...and some will also want to go to the town of Oia which can easily be done on the local bus (about $3) or via taxi. If yoy are interested in exploring other parts of the island (there are some wineries, beaches, etc) an option is to simply rent a car (less than $70) and drive yourself anywhere you please. Driving on this island is quite easy and the traffic is relatively light once you get away from Fira. We have been on Santorini about 8 or 9 times and doubt if we have spent $700 total on all of those trips combined.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

As Hank points out, you can rent a car for the day for about 40 Euros and go wherever you want on your schedule, as we have done on both of our port-day visits to Santorini.

Driving is easy on this very small island; there is very little traffic, the roads are good, and parking also is free and easy everywhere.

Archived