Major snow storm and the Pride!

Ave43

My sister and her hubby will be arriving back in Baltimore this Sunday, with possibly, 2 feet of snow on the ground. The parking lot there is not covered. Do they do anything at the port to make sure the passengers can get out? Even cleaning the cars off? I'm sure most of them don't have a shovel or broom in their trunk. Oh....it's going to be a mess!

Thanks

Ave

Cleaning the cars off? I don't think so. That would be a lot of work and expensive. I'm sure they will plow up to the entrance from the access road, but probably nothing beyond that. There's no way to plow between rows of cars either without making a bigger problem. Just as at the airport, it's something the traveler needs to deal with. Probably a good idea to keep a snow shovel in the car when you park and cruise in the winter in the northeast. Let us know what happens.

I live in No. VA (a little over an hour from Balt) and we're expecting somewhere around 2 feet of snow also.

Hi there....I'm getting on the cruise this Sunday after your family gets back. My understanding is that they plow the parking lot. Hopefully your family has an ice scrapper/sweeper...it's not going to be fun for sure.

I can't believe we are getting ready for another "storm of the century". I think they did have some people to help customers clear their cars the last time around. I hope that all the customers who are planning on departing this weekend make plans to get to Baltimore early. It doesn't sound like the driving conditions are going to be good for a few days.

Current foreacast: 18-24inches

We got off the Pride last Sunday they did plow out the rows between the cars. But we had to deal with snow on truck and and ground around us. We took a snovel etc. Being from Ohio we were preparred.

I wish those coming and going wknd a safe cruise. Hope no one was as sick and miserable as we were. We have been on 19-15-8 cruises this was worst week for any of the 3 of us.

Not a fan of Baltimore.

Plowing 5 inches of snow is so different than plowing 24 inches. If they plow between the cars, there will be large walls of snow behind the cars. There's no way around that short of digging each car out by hand.

Baltimore is actually a very, very easy port when there's no snow. We were on Grandeur in July and will be on Pride this Nov. It's such a convenient port to the interstate.

My sister and her hubby will be arriving back in Baltimore this Sunday, with possibly, 2 feet of snow on the ground. The parking lot there is not covered. Do they do anything at the port to make sure the passengers can get out? Even cleaning the cars off? I'm sure most of them don't have a shovel or broom in their trunk. Oh....it's going to be a mess!

Thanks

Ave

Wow, what a harsh dose of reality to come back to that after a wonderful vacation:eek: Hope they get home safely!

When our flight returned to Baltimore from our Princess sailing in December we were greeted at the airport by a plowed lot that left our car snowed in with a wall of snow about 3 feet tall and 5 feet wide behind it...as well as all of the snow around it. We were very fortunate to find an attendant in the lot who had a snow shovel in his shuttle. While he didn't offer up any help (which we didn't expect), we were just lucky enough that he allowed us to borrow his shovel. We got the car out in about 15 minutes.

Perhaps there would be an attendant at the lot with a shovel. I know that going forward if we sail in the winter (no matter how nice it is when we leave) we will keep a snow shovel in the car just in case there are troubles when we return.

Here's a shout out for folks who live in Baltimore looking to make a bit of pocket money. Show up at the parking lot with snow shovels/brooms/scrapers etc., and offer your services for a decent sum of money. I'm sure some of those cruisers would like to get on the road in time to catch the Super Bowl.

Totally off topic but... I've got an extra loaf of bread that I'll let go to the highest bidder. :D

But seriously, I've been thinking about those poor people who will be coming in to Port and finding a ton of snow and those who will be trying to make their cruise.

Safe travels everyone!

Totally off topic but... I've got an extra loaf of bread that I'll let go to the highest bidder.

Lol I went to Giant last night and all the had left was a few smashed loafs so my mom said lets just wait until we get to Walmart (we had to pic up my sis that was working). Line at the grocery store, Easy peasy. Get to Walmart, total Madhouse! The only thing close to a loaf of bread they had left was a couple of things of English muffins a some mini bagels and lines were about 20 minutes long!

Thanks

Ave

Yes and they wash and simonize them as well.LOL

Steve

Does the Pride have a webcam - it might be interesting to see how much snow piles up on the decks???

The Pride is in Freeport today and then they will be coming up the coast along the Carolinas on Saturday. They won't even get in to the Bay until very early Sunday morning.

The storm will be pulling out of here Saturday night, so they won't have any snow on the decks, but their cars sure will.

Thanks

Ave

Thats how you know your cruise is over when you come back to that.

:pNot to be mean.. but I find the storms in the Northeastern US hilarious this year! Being from Toronto and living here most of my life, I'm use to being deluged with snow several times a year ... and we never really refer to it as a storm of the century. This year is particularly entertaining because we have zero snow on the ground right now and have really had no measurable snow all season (which starts in October/November usually) - Global Warming? BRING IT ON! (I kid, I kid)

The weather people are now saying 24 plus inches in the DC area. We are a bullseye for the storm of the century.

This year we have had an unusual amount of snow and storms. I hope by the time I go in April the snow stops.

I guess people will not be using their balconies on the last day.

It's 12:08PM in Baltimore, snowing and 35 degrees. Per the local NBC affiliate: light snow in the afternoon, sleet and snow in the evening, possible thunder and lightning, heavy snow overnight with an accumulation of 15-22 inches. ;)

The governor just declared a state of emergency, so the heavy artillery can be dispatched if necessary. ;)

Archived