Free Pinnacle Dinner: exchange for Lunch?

SilvertoGold

We have a complimentary Dinner for 2 in the Pinnacle as part of our amenities for our next cruise.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience in exchanging these complimentary dinners:

Is it possible to exchange this for Lunch? If so, is this a straight exchange or is it based on the actual cost, so 1 dinner = 2 lunches?

Thanks for any information!

SilvertoGold

I would take the dinner, and not let it go to waste.

Dinner is fabulous compared to lunch. You might think lunch is a disappointment.

agreed- we have dinner there 1-2 times a trip. It's s good, food, service, seating, we can't help ourselves :D

We have never done lunch, but have heard it is over rated.

First off, yes you can exchange the dinner vouchers for lunches and they translate by meal, not by dollar amount. So if your voucher is for two dinners, they'll give you two lunches (not four).

Also, I completely understand why you'd want to do this. We've never had an outstanding PG experience at dinner, and some have been downright disappointing. We'd much rather enjoy the consistently excellent experience in the MDR, but find the PG lunch to be a nice change of pace from time to time. Their lunch menu is more inventive and features a couple of items that are really quite good. Dinner, not so much...

I wouldn't exchange dinner for lunch, as HAL will be the ones coming out ahead. Having said that, there isn't anything wrong with lunch in the PG. There are times when we've been in a port that we've been in numerous times and don't want to spend all day ashore, so a nice leisurely lunch in the mostly empty PG is just fine. Obviously it's not the dinner menu, but then who wants to eat dinner at 1PM.

We've only done this on one May '09 Alaskan cruise on the Zuiderdam because that was the only cruise on which we've ever found ourselves blessed with multiple PG certificates, but we were able twice on that cruise to use just one PG dinner certificate for both of us for lunch. Since it worked for us on the Zuiderdam I would assume that is HAL policy -- that one PG dinner certificate is good for two PG lunches. That's how it worked for us anyhow.

While I cannot answer your question, I will say I had a lunch there

& the menu was quite good & a welcome thing to do on a seaday

esp. if there is not much to do. I prefer as a single to dine w/my

fellow dinner companions so this worked out well.

I did just this on my last cruise. Our TA gave us a dinner at the PG. We already had three booked and did not want another so we had lunch instead. It was lovely! The restaurant was nearly empty and we got to really know our waiter. He was fantastic! The meal was delicious and I'd love to be sitting there right now.

Thanks to all who responded.

iceman93 nicely sums up our feelings about dinner in the Pinnacle. Hate to miss dinner in the Main Dining Room (OK, hate to miss the cold soups!).

hensghan - thanks for your personal experience. To get 2 lunches would be a treat, but I really doubt that HAL has the same policy ship-by-ship. We will ask with a view to doing both lunch and dinner.

Thanks again.

SilvertoGold

Archived