Sad we won't see Glacier bay

cage keeper

We are doing a back to back Celebrity cruise and are not going to Glacier Bay. We are driving our camper to Alaska and plan on stopping in Haines on the way back. Is there any ferry's or boat tours that go there? From what I could find you need to cruise there. I would really hate to miss this.

You might want to look at a different cruise line--if I am not mistaken (and I could be), I think that the only cruise lines that are allowed in Glacier Bay are Holland America and Princess. Also, maybe, Cruise West. It is something about permits from the National Park Service, I think.

Wherever you go in Alaska is bound to be breathtaking and so beautiful that it will be the experience of a lifetime!

You might want to look at a different cruise line--if I am not mistaken (and I could be)' date=' I think that the only cruise lines that are allowed in Glacier Bay are Holland America and Princess. Also, maybe, Cruise West. It is something about permits from the National Park Service, I think.

Wherever you go in Alaska is bound to be breathtaking and so beautiful that it will be the experience of a lifetime![/quote']

That's not possible. The North bound is with family and there will be 11 of us total. This is the one they picked. My plan was to do the south bound on another line (this one is just the two of us) but the closest I could get would mean 5 nights in Vancouver.

You are, though, going to Hubbard Glacier twice I believe. We've been to both and our experiences during our Hubbard visits have far surpassed anything at Glacier Bay.

Thank You for that. I do feel better then. But we don't get off the ship at Hubbard. Is Glacier Bay also from the deck? Or do you stop there?

Yukon, you are cursing with our friends Carol & Narce. corkey. I told her I was jealous that she had your expertise on her cruise.

Thank You for that. I do feel better then. But we don't get off the ship at Hubbard. Is Glacier Bay also from the deck? Or do you stop there?

Both Glacier Bay and Hubbard are cruising days - as are tracy Arm and College Fiord for other itineraries.

Yukon, you are cursing with our friends Carol & Narce. corkey. I told her I was jealous that she had your expertise on her cruise.

We hope to be cruising on the Infinity with Carol and Narce in May - my attendance isn't confirmed yet (but I don't often curse in mixed company :D )

You can take the ferry to Juneau and fly to Gustavus on Alaska Airlines or take a small plane from Haines to Gustavus. Check the websites, as they have been offering some really good specials on overnight and day cruise.

I consider the day cruise through Glacier Bay to be, hands down, the single best day excursion in Alaska. On a typical cruise, you will see whales (humpbacks and sometimes orca), seals, sea lions, puffins, murres, murrelets, bears up close on the beach, eagles, sea otters, and of course, the glaciers. The day boat gets very close to most of these and spends a longer time on wildlife that the cruisers on the big boats never see.

Archived