When was your first cruise?

kkmonga

My first cruise was June 2007. My husband took me to Alaska for our 20th wedding anniversary, since we got married at Christmas time, we didn't have a honeymoon. Radiance of the Seas was wonderful, and Denali was out in the sunshine...just gorgeous. We had camped with our 3 kids all across America visiting many National Parks along the way. After our time in Alaska, my DH jokes that he'll never get me in the camper again. We returned to Alaska on another cruisetour with Princess in 2009, loved the white water rafting in Denali and the closeup look at the Glaciers. We are taking our kids on Carnival Ecstasy in June 2010, and already thinking of a return to Alaska in 2011. Neither of us are beach folks and we love the hiking and wildlife in Alaska. I'm hooked...would cruise more, but about to have 2 in college at the same time...gotta watch my budget.

Our first cruise was our honeymoon on the Sensation in October 1995. Had a great time - went to the ruins in Tuluum, snorkeling in Grand Cayman and "River Rafting on the Martha Brae" and Dunns River Falls in Jamaica. Going on the Legend for our 15th anniversary this year. Can't wait!!

Mine was Aug 2006 on the Carnival Sensation. Actually we had a terrible time and hated it. We complained about the entire experience. Then friends of our's were moving and talked us into a 3 day cruise on RCCL. We loved it and never looked back. What we learned was 1: NEVER EVER take a 2 Y/O on the first cruise. you will complain (because they are whining and refuse the camp program) about EVERYTHING.. 2. Eat in the MDR the experience is worth it.... 3. Go with like minded friends, it just make the experience so much better.

Also, after the RCCL cruise we went back to Carnival and never again booked a RCCL cruise even through we loved it, our son got older and LOVES cruises and we have never looked back. We are on our 11 cruise mostly with Carnival (although I am not loyal specific to a line), they all provide the same experience in our opinion to to us. (NCL,CCL, RCCL) I would expect Seabourn or Crystal to come through with a diff exp. It comes down to itinerary and price. If it works we book it. We've done 8 with CCL and have 2 future bookings completed!

Archived