When was your first cruise?

kkmonga

Oh boy, how about the Norwegian Leeward :eek: October 1998. Our first cruise and we were in "cruise heaven". We even went to Bar Harbor and took pictures of it when the Leeward was in port a month before we cruised.

Working on my fifth and sixth Carnival cruises coming right up! Names and dates are in my signature.:D

What ship did you sail on when your took your first cruise?

Our first cruise was on the Celebration out of New Orleans in 1999. We had wanted to take a cruise for our anniversary and one morning while getting ready for work, we heard a local radio station announce a cruise. For those of you in the DFW area, it was Ron Chapman at KVIL with Sharon Carr Travel. We ran to the phone and called and booked the cruise. We went to Montego Bay, Jamaica and Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Same itinerary as many ships sail today. We absolutely loved the Celebration and were immediately addicted to cruising. The next year the radio station did another cruise but this time it was the Inspiration again out of New Orleans. We were on that one, too. Now, 11 years later, we just returned two weeks ago from the Triumph out of - you guessed it - New Orleans and this time it was our 12th cruise.

(Actually, my first cruise was on the S.S. Yarmouth which was brought around to San Francisco from Miami to sail to the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle. My college roommate and I sailed on her. She was tiny compared to the ships of today.)

Joan

February 10, 1991 on the Carnivale. It was a Cruise & Stay Vacation. It included flights, car rental, 4 day Bahama cruise, hotel stay in Kissimmee, tickets to Nasa and Disney al for $600. each!

And here she is:

scan0022.jpg

Our first cruise was on the Sea Princess from Vancouver to Alaska on June 17, 2000. We did a pre-cruise stay in Vancouver and Victoria, and a land tour of Alaska after the cruise...all through Princess. The land parts were spectacular, but I almost cried and had a temper tantrum when they made us get off the ship! Still one of the best vacations we've ever had.

Carnival Carnivale - 1978. The sailing was out of Miami to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten except that it was too rough to dock at St. Maarten so they substituted Nassau instead. I didn't like Nassau - but ended up moving there a year or so later and lived there for 9 years.

My first was on the Mardi Gras in the summer of 1974. Carnival doesn't want to give me credit for that cruise. Can't seem to find it in their computers. ;)

They will if you have something to prove you were on there. Do you have an embarkation photo? I sent one from my first trip in 83 and a photo and capers from a 1990 cruise. Find my thread, you can fax in copies...

Ours will be June 2010....our 30th anniversary. Sailing on the Elation to Mexico.

It is going to be great...wish you a good one...would love to do that ship before she leaves west coast..but other priorities and options beckon...Bon voyage...my vast:) Carnival experience is 4 day last June...Paradise...one of the 8 Fantasy ships...sjn911. Oh and I just fell in love with Carnival and the 4 day option..sjn.

Around 1982 on an old tub of the French Parquet Line . . . it was a transition cruise from LA to Vancouver . . . total disaster . . . wife fired the travel agent for suggesting it.:mad: A couple of years later on the old (unstretched) NCL Seaward with our son . . . world of difference . . . beautiful ship . . . had a great cruise.:)

Then the Carnival Tropicale with 18 of our friends . . . the marriage didn't work out, but I've been hooked on Carnival ever since.:D

S. S. Minnow, September 26, 1964

Supposed to be a 3 hour tour but ran into a tropical storm, stranded on a uncharted, uninhabited island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

Got along well with the other passengers especially this tall redhead, crew was a little strange though.:D

All kidding aside, actually we are pretty late to the party starting only a few years ago on the Fascination.

They will if you have something to prove you were on there. Do you have an embarkation photo? I sent one from my first trip in 83 and a photo and capers from a 1990 cruise. Find my thread, you can fax in copies...

I sailed on the Carnivale in 1979 and I was able to send them a picture of me leaving the ship with the life preserver in the photo(with Carnivale printed in the corner), my driver's license and have it added to my profile. They want ideally the embarkation photo, and your ID so they can match you up in the photo. The capers won't help. They are funny back in 1979, they had a high school marching band on for entertainment!

I also sent them my embarkation photo for the Festivale. Just two more to go for VIP, nice of my parents to pay for those first two cruises. It's funny when you go to the past cruises party and have people clap for the first couple of ships.

I just e-mailed my PVP, she took care of adding them. They also did not have the Sensation. Just game them that booking number to add that one.

Good Luck on adding your cruise.

Around 1982 on an old tub of the French Parquet Line . . . it was a transition cruise from LA to Vancouver . . . total disaster . . . wife fired the travel agent for suggesting it.:mad: A couple of years later on the old (unstretched) NCL Seaward with our son . . . world of difference . . . beautiful ship . . . had a great cruise.:)

Then the Carnival Tropicale with 18 of our friends . . . the marriage didn't work out, but I've been hooked on Carnival ever since.:D

The Seaward/Norwegian Sea was never stretched. Only the Majesty, Wind, and Dream were. Still, the Seaward was one of the biggest cruise ships when built and now is considered small :)

First was a Christmas cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. A family Christmas present and organized by family members. Hooked at that time but had to wait 8 years to go again.

I am determined to go on at least 1 a year (started last year) and hope for 2 in 2011

In the 8 year hiatus from cruising, had land vacations but something was missing. Can't say never but cruising is the only type of vacation for me

Tom

Archived