When was your first cruise?

kkmonga

My husband and I went on the Tropicale May 29, 1993. Our first stop was St. Thomas on Memorial Day and back then being a holiday not all of the shops were open :eek: ! And then a couple of days later we were at Guadalupe and it was a holiday there and almost nothing was open :mad:

It was 1986 on the Star/Ship Royale (now the sunken Seabreeze) with Premier. Did our first Carnival cruise in 1987 on the, then fairly-new, Holiday. Been hooked ever since. I was a Loyal Royal up until a couple of years ago, now my allegiance is back with Carnival.

Ours was in 1999 on this mega, 23,000 ton ship, lol. We went to the southern Caribbean and had a blast. Now 11 years later we are still comparing that cruise to the other ones, and they still don't match up for service, they come close though. Of course the ships are bigger and better though.

http://parnami.tripod.com/Carousel.html

My first cruise was on the Carnivale 9/16/85

my second was on the Festival 10/11/87.

When I was recently checking on my cruise status as to the number of cruises not matching I was told that Carnival did not have any records of my first two cruises and they told me it was up to me to prove that I was on them by producing a ship key to my cabin or a picture of the ship in port with my picture in front of it.

Has any one else had this same experience since some of you have been on both ships?

Is it even worth it to follow up with proving it?

I have 8 cruises with Carnival.

I also have 5 with Princess and 10 with Royal Carib.

What ship did you sail on when your took your first cruise? Mine was the Carnivale, February 14, 1982! I sailed solo in a guaranteed quad-share. I was hooked for life! Preparing for my 28th cruise on the Triumph this March (19th Carnival cruise.)

My first cruise was similar - March 20, 1983 on the Tropicale. I travelled with one of my friends and had were booked with two other women in our cabin. We were all in our early twenties and became friends. In fact I visited one of my new friends on a future vacation and ended up marrying a co-worker of hers.

I've loved all the cruises I've been on, but this one is still my favorite. No planning, no smuggling, no worries. Just got on the ship and had fun.

Our honeymoon....I was 20 and dh was 21...we had a blast!!

It was on the Carnival Conquest in 2004...7 day cruise. But it was right after a hurricane (in oct) so we missed Grand Caymen, but went to Cozumel and Jamaica. This was when the Conquest was out of NOLA pre- Katrina.

After the first cruise we thought we would never be able to afford it..then we had our son in '07....and after he was born we decided to start up cruising again and have been addicted ever since!

SS United States

June 1962 La Havre to New York

The ship has been rusting away along the Delaware river waterfront in Philadelphia for several years now. It breaks my heart every time I see her there.

I am green with envy. I'd have given anything to have had the chance to sail on that beautiful ship. Truly an engineering marvel and one of the most impressive Ocean Liners ever built, by any country. Her sheer speed set her apart from all others. It's a crying shame that her active service life was so short.

Back in my US Navy days, on the rare occasion that my Destroyer was actually in our home port of Norfolk, the SS United States was berthed across the harbor at Newport News. Even though she'd been out of service for so many years (this was early 90's) she was an impressive sight.

One day we got underway for a short 5-day training voyage in the Virginia Capes......when we returned, she was gone. :(

What ship did you sail on when your took your first cruise? Mine was the Carnivale, February 14, 1982! I sailed solo in a guaranteed quad-share. I was hooked for life! Preparing for my 28th cruise on the Triumph this March (19th Carnival cruise.)

Fantasy 2001. Fond memories

Sept 13th 2001. Carnival Jubilee. 5-day out of Tampa.

The cruise was a signing bonus that my DW received when she took a job at the University of Louisville Hospital.

When the terrorist attack happened on Sept 11th happened, our planned flights to Tampa were obviously no longer an option.......so we drove the 14 hours to Tampa. When we left, we weren't even sure that the ship would still be sailing as scheduled.

Lucky for us, it did and we had a wonderful experience.

Carnival Mardi Gras from Miami, sailing Sunday, March 19, 1978 for our honeymoon. Was the perfect way to relax after a big, hectic wedding week. We were busy (and poor) raising kids for the next 20 years, and didn't get another opportunity until our 21st anniversary when we sailed on the Fascination. Definitely hooked...

file:///C:/Users/Public/Family%20Files/Family%20Pictures/1978%20Honeymoon%20Cruise/S5t%20MS%20Mardi%20Gras.jpg

My dh tried for years to get me to go on a cruise and I didn't think I would like it and wondered what the fuss was all about so we finally went March 2004 out of Jax ( we live near by ). As you can see by my sig I liked it, :D

We are going on our eleventh cruise next month and hopefully it won't be the last one for 2010,:)

Archived