Flights from FLL

quiltsnh

I personally would not take that flight!! The last time I flew out of Fort Lauderdale the luggage check in line was through the corral, out the door, and down the side of the building.....then through security.....that was on a Saturday. You also need time to debark, go through customs and get to the airport.

Good luck :)

I was just on Ecstasy when it hit that debarking arm thingee. I had a dentist appointment that couldnt be rescheduled for a week at 3 pm up in Dallas I missed.

I got stuck and couldnt even get into a elevator until 10 am ... and I was scheduled for VIP self disembark.... have a back up plan if you miss your flight. Things happen if you are me.

What is the earliest departure you think people can make from FLL? The cheaper flights on a Saturday are at 10AM... does Carnival do self debarkation?

Thanx

If everything works right... yeah... you can make it.

Self debark gets you off the ship about 8:15... it's about a 12 minute taxi ride to the airport so you COULD be there before 9...

Having said that, I wouldn't book it. Any delay... a bit of fog... a 90 crew check and you'll be waving bye bye to your flight...

:)

Thanx for the help,,,, my gut was don't do it

Good choice. If you're flying home the same day as your cruise always ignore those early flight. They might have the lowest cost, but there is a reason for that! ;) Cheapest is not always best. As Host Mach said, if everything works fine they can be made BUT why put yourself in that stress position after a wonderful relaxing cruise. Saturdays are almost always very busy port days in FLL which translates into very busy airport days. Saturday is not the day of the week I would ever choose to gamble on an early morning flight out of FLL. 12 or later fine. I might gamle on something a bit before noon but never before 11 a.m. on a Sat in FLL. Enjoy your cruise!:)

Also you must take into consideration that since the Oasis is added into the mix you are talking about another 5,000-6,000 people trying to get home.

FLL airport is not that big and sometimes just getting through security can be a nightmare!!

Clearing security in Oct. was a nightmare for us. Took forever to get through. There was a real backup to get through. It didn't help that some lady was trying to Carryon 2 bags and 1 large shopping bag and they had to call security.

Archived