An Inexpensive way to get to Eagle Beach and Palm Beach

stevea36

Forget the excursions. Get off of the ship, exit the dock area and go across the street and a bit to the right. You'll be at the bus termninal. Take the #10 bus for $2.35 (round trip) and you can go right to Eagle Beach or Palm Beach. Return buses run about every 10 minutes (check with the driver to be sure).

Enjoy! We sure did!!

Steve

We were just in Aruba last week. We took the bus with no problem. It is easy to find and they will take US $. Take the bus heading to Malmok. Tell the driver you want to stop at Eagle (it is less crowded than Palm) and he'll stop. There are bus stops along the road. When you are ready to return, just go to the bus stop and wait for a bus.

We went to Boca Catalina. If you want to snorkel, that's the place to go!

We were just in Aruba last week. We took the bus with no problem. It is easy to find and they will take US $. Take the bus heading to Malmok. Tell the driver you want to stop at Eagle (it is less crowded than Palm) and he'll stop. There are bus stops along the road. When you are ready to return, just go to the bus stop and wait for a bus.

We went to Boca Catalina. If you want to snorkel, that's the place to go!

Hi-- We are planning to go to Boca Catalina in April. What can you tell us about the snorkeling? Best area, is there shade available? Don't care about food or drinks, just good snorkeling. Thanks.

Hi-- We are planning to go to Boca Catalina in April. What can you tell us about the snorkeling? Best area, is there shade available? Don't care about food or drinks, just good snorkeling. Thanks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123381

They have a little bit of shade if you get there early, especially if a week.

Boca Catalina was awesome! We took the bus which cost all of $2.30 each round trip. It takes about 20-25min to get there. Just tell the driver where you are going and you will be the last stop. There is some shade but absolutely no amenities. We liked it because it was not over crowded. The snorkeling was pretty good...all of the tour boats (jolly roger, etc) put in right at the beach to snorkel. We just put on our gear and got into the water. Speaking of water, make sure you take plenty, along with lots of sunscreen. When you are ready to leave, just go back up to the road and wait for the next bus. We had never done this before and it was really easy. Aruba is now on the top of my favorite island list!!

• 7 months later...
Forget the excursions. Get off of the ship, exit the dock area and go across the street and a bit to the right. You'll be at the bus termninal. Take the #10 bus for $2.35 (round trip) and you can go right to Eagle Beach or Palm Beach. Return buses run about every 10 minutes (check with the driver to be sure).

Enjoy! We sure did!!

Steve

Thanks Steve. Do they take US money?

I am not Steve ;) but yes, the US dollar is accepted everywhere, including the bus.

Hopefully you will like Boca Catalina half as much as we do. :)

Arubalisa,

Thank you..and I apologize for not reading an earlier post that answered

the question before I asked.

I do appreciate your good words about Boca Catalina..I'm sure it will be great. Thanks.

So Boca Catalina is on the bus route? Near the very end? What landmark should I look for or will the driver advise on where to get off for Boca Catalina? One poster said the snorkeling there was good....is there relatively easy access to the water? We were planning on going to Eagle Beach, but we'd really like to snorkel and i know that Eagle is sandy. Would the bus fare cover getting off at Eagle Beach for awhile after Boca Catalina and then returning to town? Thanks for all the great advice!

Yes, Boca Catalina is close to the end of the route. When you get on to the bus tell the driver that you would like to be dropped off at Boca Catalina. If you sit up front he will most likely alert you when he arrives.

I have written additional info at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22647458&postcount=2

The snorkeling is a bit better off of Catalina Cove, but the entry is much easier at Boca Catalina.

Thanks so much for the great pictures of Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove.....looks like it would be easy to catch the bus there. Do you know if the bus will drop us at Eagle Beach on the way back to town? Or would we have to pay an additional fare for getting off and back on again there? Thanks again!

Yes, if you know where on Eagle Beach just mention it to the driver. There is a bus stop in front of the Amsterdam Manor.

icon2.gif Reminder -- there are no facilities at Boca Catalina/Catalina cove. A tiny bit of shade at Boca Catalina if you get there early. Bring water, sun screen and maybe some fruit if you are so inclined.

Archived