Diamond (alternative) Lounges on Ships

Annefran

Hi all,

I am Diamond C&A member. With the new C&A rules in effect now (can't use the Conceirge lounge unless Diamond+ or in a suite), was wondering how the alternative Diamond lounges are working out on the ships that don't have "real" Diamond lounges (i.e. Explorer). Can anyone share their thoughts/comments?

We are sailing on Explorer next month. Do they have breakfast, what sort of foods are available and for the happy hours what kinds of drinks and/or food do they have? Plus where is it on the ship?

Thanks for all thoughts and information, Happy Cruising!;)

For breakfast, it's great. There is a diamond section all to yourself. At the bottom of the stairs on deck 3, take an immediate left. You'll see the sign. For the diamond lounge in the 19th hole, it was very disappointing to say the least. Nothing to eat at all and only red or white wine and soda was free. You couldn't even specify what kind of red or white wine. We never went back after the first visit.

For breakfast, it's great. There is a diamond section all to yourself. At the bottom of the stairs on deck 3, take an immediate left. You'll see the sign. For the diamond lounge in the 19th hole, it was very disappointing to say the least. Nothing to eat at all and only red or white wine and soda was free. You couldn't even specify what kind of red or white wine. We never went back after the first visit.

Deck 3??? Are you kidding me, was that a typo? :eek:

Deck 3??? Are you kidding me, was that a typo? :eek:
From your signature line you have been on Voyager ships a number of times, but apparently don't realize that there are small private dining rooms on Deck 3 just in front of the main dining room. If you were on Deck 4 or 5 these areas are restrooms. Would you prefer to eat there?:eek:

Thom

My experience with the Diamond Lounge on the Enchantment and the Grandeur was very positive. The evening get together on both ships was quite nice. I have met some people that I would call heroes, military types, as well as others that are outstanding in their civilian fields. I have the great fortune to be meeting up for our cruise in March with a couple that I met on the Enchantment. The evening service included free wine, chardonnay, white zinfandel, and merlot, and champagne. Of course, you could get other drinks, for a discount, I'm honestly not sure how much the discount was.

The breakfast service on the Grandeur, it was not in effect on Enchantment, was also quite good. The breakfast food was the same menu as offered in the rest of the dining room, but you could order fruit juices for free, and specialty coffees.

There are some kinks to be worked out, to be sure, but overall, I am quite happy with the Diamond Breakfast and Diamond Lounge perks.

I agree on the breakfast, it was nice.

On the Navigator last month, we had the evening drinks in the cloud nine portion of the Viking Crown area. It was GREAT! As previously posted, plenty of wine to pick from and great viewa. We went there every night before main seating for dinner at 6pm. We aren't wine snobs, so what they served was fine. I'm sure it wasn't the best wine, but I have paid for MUCH WORSE.

Have fun.:D

The Diamond event sure varies from ship to ship and even from sailing to sailing...when I was on Enchantment in Oct. our wine choices were red or white..I asked for a glass of white zin & was told they needed my seapass card & I would receive a 25% discount.. I had the free champagne and didn't go back...

Thanks for all the feedback CCers. YES forgot that the dinningroom is on three decks on the Voyager ships:rolleyes:. At first glance it just looked weird to me.....thought it would be on an upper deck.

Please continue with your comments and information as it is always helpful. With another blizzard headed our way....REALLY looking forward to our cruise next month. Stay warm and safe all!

Archived