Painting in Wheelhouse pub on Emerald Princess

Murphy&Bailey

We just got off the Emerald Princess last week taking the 8 day Eastern .Carribbean trip. Does anyone know the name of the painting or the name of the ship in the Wheelhouse Pub? The painting is of a ship sailing head on under full sail. It also has outrigged boom sails 90 degrees to the ship?

Thanks for your help

I know that picture, but thought that it may be an older black and white photo. I don't know if it has a title. We have cruised aboard Emerald three or four times and that picture has intrigued me since the first cruise. It is beautiful. I have taken photos of it without a flash on digital camera but overhead light reflections on the glass plate covering the photo have prevented the taking of a great photo of it.

Best Wishes in your search,

Herb

ps. Since my note above, I have searched here for my photos of the picture, to no avail so far. I will continue the search as I can see the picture mentally but wish to see it again, visually.

Thanks for responding to my questions about the ship in the Wheelhouse pub.

Jules 01 we had a great time on the Emerald and the time went by so quickly. We dined 2 times at Sabatinis and once in the steak house.

We really enjoyed St. Martin and St. Thomas and did not like Grand Turk (or as my husband calls it the strip mall of the Carribbean).

Maxiecat if you do find the picture could you please post a copy of it.

I see you live in Central Florida so do we. We are in Beverly Hills.

Doesn't the Wheelhouse have some of the most interesting paintings? The one on the CB has a picture of a captain in his Royal Navy uniform - looks circa 1810 or so - and I cannot walk past it without stopping and reflecting on it. It's on the left side as you walk in the room in one of the nooks. Sure wish I could get my hands on that painting! :D

Doesn't the Wheelhouse have some of the most interesting paintings? The one on the CB has a picture of a captain in his Royal Navy uniform - looks circa 1810 or so - and I cannot walk past it without stopping and reflecting on it. It's on the left side as you walk in the room in one of the nooks. Sure wish I could get my hands on that painting! :D

Get your hands on the painting or on the man? Heh, heh. . .

We just got off the Emerald Princess last week taking the 8 day Eastern .Carribbean trip. Does anyone know the name of the painting or the name of the ship in the Wheelhouse Pub? The painting is of a ship sailing head on under full sail. It also has outrigged boom sails 90 degrees to the ship?

Thanks for your help

If you're really wanting to know about that painting, you might try posting to one of the upcoming Emerald roll calls and asking if someone sailing soon will try to find out for you. That's the kind of little errand that enlivens our cruising days -- something constructive to do between trivia and martini-time!

Murphy and Baily,

Here are three photos of that sailing vessel. I have not posted photos before and hope that these will "get there". We were aboard Emerald on a couple of other cruises and I took more photos of that sailing ship, sailing downwind at night. I'll search for them.

/Users/herbkallusch/Desktop/sailing vessel at night.jpg/Users/herbkallusch/Desktop/Sailing vessel night 2.jpg/Users/herbkallusch/Desktop/sailing vessel night 3.jpg

OK, you have now peaked the interest of everyone either past, or future voyager on the Emerald. We sail on her for the first time late this month and if no one hasn't identified the painting I'll take a photo and research it.

Archived