Port of Miami and checked liquor and wine

Jus't returned from a 4 day on the Destiny leaving Mia on 2/4. Everyone's checked liquor, in any form and packaged in any way was removed from their suitcase and delivered the last night of the cruise. I had read that Mia and San Juan were starting new procedures, but I am here to report that you can only bring wine onboard by bringing it with you in your carry on. One bottle. New scanning devices in Mia pick up liquor in bags and even distinguish between water. vodka and gin. Different colors for each liquid. The last night when it was delivered to our room, the amount they were delivering was astounding!! It almost ruins the fun of cruising..

Jus't returned from a 4 day on the Destiny leaving Mia on 2/4. Everyone's checked liquor, in any form and packaged in any way was removed from their suitcase and delivered the last night of the cruise. I had read that Mia and San Juan were starting new procedures, but I am here to report that you can only bring wine onboard by bringing it with you in your carry on. One bottle. New scanning devices in Mia pick up liquor in bags and even distinguish between water. vodka and gin. Different colors for each liquid. The last night when it was delivered to our room, the amount they were delivering was astounding!! It almost ruins the fun of cruising..

How do you know this? :confused:

What about rumrunners?

If the scanner can tell water from gin, then it can see liquids in rum runners. Someone else said they think if you put the rum runners in a cowboy boot for instance, it cant see them thru the leather. So depends on how you pack those rum runners.

Someone who works at the port of galveston for RCL said she can also tell if its water or gin you got in your water bottle in your carry on by shaking it. Booze bubbles and water doesnt ... to those who wondered why open water might be thrown out.

Each guest is allowed one bottle, but if it is in your checked luggage, they will confiscate it and return it the last night of the cruise. I know this because it happened to me last week....... However, this is is Mia and I don't know if other ports have the technology to do this at this point in time. I think not......

An X-ray machine that can tell the difference between Vodka and Water?

Really?

Really?

And the TSA still requires no liquids because their machines (none of the machines) can't tell the difference between lotion and explosives and no one has talked about buying these mythical machines that know the chemical compounds of the liquids you're carrying.

Slightly off topic but does anyone pack there rum runners in there luggage during a flight? Is that legal these days?

Thank You

Yes, you can check it, but don't be surprised if your suitcase has a TSA notice in it, stating that they checked it. Mine did in January.

Just out of curiosity, did it happen to you or was it hearsay? If it did happen to you, did they call you to retrieve your luggage or was there a note inside?

Not "all" folks met a disasterous end to their smuggling career. I was with a group of friends on the Destiny who got some through w/o incident, some that had some taken, some who had all taken. I played it safe and had a bottle of Patron and a bottle of Crown waiting for me in the cabin. I was also able to bring 2 bottles of Tequila on and to my cabin while we were in Coz. I think timing, and maybe a platinum card, is essential.

DK

I went through Miami, 3 rum runners, 3 different suitcases last week and all 3 made it. I find it hard to believe so many people had theirs confiscated. I packed mine in a ziploc bag and then within my clothing and what not. And no I am not worried about some Carnival cops finding out and no one else getting away with it. That is just silly.

what was in your checked luggage that was returned on the last night? and that statement by itself is very difficult to believe.:confused:

what was in your checked luggage that was returned on the last night? and that statement by itself is very difficult to believe.:confused:

And he/she won't respond to how they could possibly know that "everyone's checked liquor, in any form and packaged in any way was removed from their suitcase and delivered the last night of the cruise". I am intrigued. Or just trying to get G'ma excited again with no supporting details? :rolleyes:

Each guest is allowed one bottle, but if it is in your checked luggage, they will confiscate it and return it the last night of the cruise. I know this because it happened to me last week....... However, this is is Mia and I don't know if other ports have the technology to do this at this point in time. I think not......

Did you use a rumrunner:confused:

Archived