Can I buy wine at POM?

prpattycakes

I have airport transfers from MIA to POM. I would like to bring a bottle of wine and bottled water onto the ship, but cannot bring on the plane because I am not checking bags,(nor do I want any accidents). Is there anyplace in the port where I can purchase these prior to embarking?

I have airport transfers from MIA to POM. I would like to bring a bottle of wine and bottled water onto the ship, but cannot bring on the plane because I am not checking bags,(nor do I want any accidents). Is there anyplace in the port where I can purchase these prior to embarking?

No, but if you arrive at the Port early enough you could take a short shopping trip by taxi.

Or, if you can cancel your transfers, take a cab from MIA to POM and ask the driver to stop while you shop along the way. He'll add a few buck to the flat rate of $24 form MIA to POM, but you'll still be ahead. Good luck!:)

Thats what I wanted to do, but my TA wants to charge $150 fee ($50 for each of us) to cancel the $98 transfers. He should'vd suggested I take a $24 cab in the first place each way and save $50.

Oh my goodness! Yes! He should have known a cab was your least expensive option. Hmm. I think you should fight him on this; that's insane! If you can't get out of the transfers, a cab from the POM to the nearest liquor store and back again will run you at least $25.00, IMO.

By the way, just wanted to let you know that some lines (Royal Caribbean for instance) do not allow any alcohol to be brought onboard. I don't know who you are sailing with but wanted to mention it.

We are staying at the Gallery One Doubletree Hotel on E. Sunrise Blvd. prior to our Feb. 23rd cruise. We hope to get to the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall. Does anyone know how far from the hotel it is, how much a taxi would cost, or if there is public transportation from this hotel to the mall?;) Also, does anyone know if there is a place to purchase wine close to this hotel?

Archived