Ruby Feb 8 thru 18th

Caribensun

OP

fabulous postings. congratulations on your writing skills. i love hearing about your adventures. have you met my friends, sharon and bruce, from boston? they are a wonderful couple and we cruised together on the star princess in nov 2008. we still maintain communications.

thank you again.

No, they are MY friends. LOL

Just kidding. They are a wonderful couple and a great friend to us, as well.

Say hello from Dorothy and Joe if you see them. :)

Looking forward to my 5th cruise on The Ruby coming up on the Transatlantic on April 19 and to seeing the whole crew again. I just can't get enough of the Ruby. :cool:

Thanks for the all the info.

What did you mean by starting a Generosa Wine Club and taking a collection of wine to the Meet and Greet?

Our cruise group last fall was charged $15.00 per bottle corkage fee when we all got together and brought a bottle of wine from one of the countries we had visited.

As you might have guessed, My DH and I are on this cruise with seadeck2. We are in VS D736, a suite. Just loving every minute of it.

In Dominica, our Princess sponsored Whale and Dolphin excursion was cancelled for the morning and we were all put in the afternoon one that started at 1:30. We were a bit nervous about the lateness of this since we had to be back onboard at 5:30. We had a fabulous time seeing maybe a hundred dolphin swimming all around us. It was wonderful to see them two or three at a time leap in the air either beside our catamaran and in front of it.

The captain was trying very hard to give us a chance to a spot whales. He took us farther out away from the island of Dominica without much luck since they had already gone down deep. We did hear them via a microphone that he dropped down. But we had to immediately turn around and head back to the ship. The captain of the catamaran got us back at exactly 5:30 much to our appreciation.

Even though we did not see whales, we enjoyed the dolphins so much. It ended a great excursion. We did feel less anxious because it was a Princess sponsored excursion and that the Ruby would wait for us. And they did!! Thank you, Captain Yeomans.

Grenada was a relaxing day for us. We started out having the unltimate balcony breakfast. Worth every penny;$32, I think. Afterwards, we just wandered around the shops right where we docked; got some spices that I hope are good.

Tonight is our Captain's Circle Cocktail party for us and then later the White Night deck party starting at 9:30 up by the pool.

Tomorrow is Bonnaire. We are snorkeling there..

This is a great cruise and an absolutely beautiful ship!!:)

Just as last minute note. DH spotted a whale breaching as we are leaving Grenada. Yippee!!! I finally got to see one...:D

Teachergal, tell the captain to stop the ship or turn it around, I'm posting from the internet cafe and missed it! I have been searching for whales and dolphins at light of day and in the evening. Last night I missed our dinner seating with Edwin in Davinci as I was searching. Dined with other cc'ers in Bottecelli at there table.

Enjoy listening to Captain Yeoman announcing our arrival and departures, he makes it worth listening. He did do a Q & A - we caught the end of it on tv - if you can I suggest you watch it, attend or ask a question. He is the best captain we have ever had. If your CC group can think of a way to honor him at your M & G you should. We would love to only cruise on his ships. Today we broke two teather ropes that held the ship at the aft, the captain did an excellent job of not letting the ship hit the dock.

Tomorrow I will be up at first light searching for flamingos flying to or from Venezula (by way of Bonaire). So, last night we missed our dinner and we really missed Edwin and his assistants as they are wonderful due to trying to look for wildlife in the sea, we felt really bad, however those shot glasses you cc'ers talk about showed up and yes, had to get them. They even clean them for you and there is a drink in them, I do not recommend drinking them like a shot however -first had experience. The other night before dinner we went into Adagio's and I had a "Flamingo" recommended by our wonderful waitress and it was a great, somewhat sweet martini -girly drink. So as Teachergal mentioned they have Captains Circle tonight we have it in two nights, so there must be lots of repeaters. I have not been able to get into see the person to book our next cruise as he is very busy and I need more booking credits too, if you are a stock holder (I am) this is a good thing, I will be patient. We saw our pictures that Tamryn took and they are so good, we overwhelmed as to how to choose and what to choose. She is an amazing photographer, if anyone is on the ship you are welcome to ask to see our photos, they really are good. We love the "suite, Elite" line at the pursers desk. We missed Sabitini's breakfast and the staff this morning, but will be there in the morning.

The drivers in Grenada are no different than Dominica and are not scary - they drive like my sisters. The only difference; Grenada's roads are better. If you get car sick make sure you sit up front.

Grenada, got off, got our photo and met the vet students. They took us shopping for spices - Teresa under the Orange umbrella is the person at the market in town to see. We had an unusually hard time finding chocolate, but we finally found the bars, so have some to take home, they are $5.00 US and are large. We then went to the beach by bus (Grand Anse) and swam in the water (a little on the cold side) very windy -got pelted by sand so we left. We took the bus back and went to the fort it costs $2.00 US to get in. We were out of ones so did not go in, I was bummed I had waited to go in since 1995 (Royal Princess), not like I will never be back on another cruise. The bus costs $2.00 EC dollars not US and it is the number one bus. We came back on board and got a frozen chocolate banana drink, sat on our balcony and enjoyed sailing away and I missed the whale. Our cabin steward I do not talk about often enough, but he is excellent. As for the suite bathrooms - our shower, like the regular balcony room cabins has a problem with the water flowing out into the room too sometimes. Our mattress is very nice.

The chocolate covered strawberries really are worth it. When we have been getting back on the ship they have had cold towels for us, what a refreshing, nice touch Princess. Tonight is Sabatinis (group of 10 cc'ers) last time in Crown Grill we saw security come in and we were afraid we were going to see the inside of the Captains quarters and not for the reason that one would want to see the Captains quarters, hopefully we will be in control tonight at Sabatinis. When we CC'ers get together watch out Ruby Princess!!

Tomorrow is fishing in Bonaire, we would love to have had the captain join us as we are walking the flats, however someone has to stay with the ship -you know- Pirates in the Caribbean. Captain knows he would be welcome to join us. Also, we will get to see Carnival, looking forward to that. Just seems like time is going too fast. Must go try the Tortuga Rum cakes upstairs on deck 5 in the atrium to see which is going home with me.

For the Titou Gorge tour, book it through Princess -they use "Wacky Rollers" tell them you want to touch the wall that Orlando Bloom touched in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie when you get in the van, they will make sure you do and you will have photo ops. We spent at least 5 minutes just starring at the wall, touching and swooning.

Have not had time to find out if Olympics are on MUTS and no rain in sight yet.

We are really missing Sam & Char, everyday you are thought of and wish you were here. Have not met the couple from Boston, they are welcome to stop by we are in Suite A751 (Grand Cayman).

Seadeck2 ;)

Enjoying your posts.

Could you tell me if there is any shopping right at the pier in Bonaire and Grenada?

I am traveling with my sister and aunt. Leaving the husbands behind. My sister and I are doing a lot of snorkeling trips but my aunt won't step into the water so was wondering if she could shop at those ports without taking a taxi or bus

It is late and we just finished dinner with 3 other CC couples in Sabatini's.

BerinetheBosun is celebrating his 40th anniversary today (Valentines day)and it was very special that we celebrated with them tonight. Sabatini's dinner is execellent and we needed wheelchairs to get us out, just so much food and lemon.. shots are included and they flowed. We tried things we never would have eaten and things that we have tried before and said we would never eat again were prepared so good we ate them. I had to take a walk after dinner as I was too full to sleep. We started at 7pm finished at 11:15pm. They just decorated the atrium for valentines day with (imitation) cakes - looks nice. No olympics will be shown on cruises as they have cannot get the contract to show them. As for shopping in Grenada, yes you can shop near the pier, however, in my previous post I recommend Teresa in the market. You can walk or take a taxi to the market. From what we know not much shopping in Bonaire -will know more later today. The ship is very quiet right now, gotta go continue my walk.

It is late and we just finished dinner with 3 other CC couples in Sabatini's.

BerinetheBosun is celebrating his 40th anniversary today (Valentines day)and it was very special that we celebrated with them tonight. Sabatini's dinner is execellent and we needed wheelchairs to get us out, just so much food and lemon.. shots are included and they flowed. We tried things we never would have eaten and things that we have tried before and said we would never eat again were prepared so good we ate them. I had to take a walk after dinner as I was too full to sleep. We started at 7pm finished at 11:15pm. They just decorated the atrium for valentines day with (imitation) cakes - looks nice. No olympics will be shown on cruises as they have cannot get the contract to show them. As for shopping in Grenada, yes you can shop near the pier, however, in my previous post I recommend Teresa in the market. You can walk or take a taxi to the market. From what we know not much shopping in Bonaire -will know more later today. The ship is very quiet right now, gotta go continue my walk.

Enjoy, jealous, can't wait, thanks for the posts! - John

YES!!! and we can't wait to sail with him again in just 4 days :D....

Yes, he is a very personable young man. We sailed with him on the Ruby TA last fall. He said he was taking a short break then coming back in Jan or Feb for about 6 months then retiring from the CD business. He wants to pursue other interests.

OP fabulous postings. congratulations on your writing skills. i love hearing about your adventures. have you met my friends, sharon and bruce, from boston? they are a wonderful couple and we cruised together on the star princess in nov 2008. we still maintain communications. thank you again.

You are so sweet. Hello dear friend we are here! Having a fabulous time. Bruce is diving today (Bonaire) and I'm chilling here onboard. Too much has happened - details in an email when I return (oh, I just realized I've hyjacked Bruce's name). :)

No, they are MY friends. LOL

Just kidding. They are a wonderful couple and a great friend to us, as well. Say hello from Dorothy and Joe if you see them. :)

Looking forward to my 5th cruise on The Ruby coming up on the Transatlantic on April 19 and to seeing the whole crew again. I just can't get enough of the Ruby. :cool:

Well hello back! We have said hello to all your friends onboard, Captain McCharming, Generoso and Deirdre - they're expecting you! The Chef's Table last night was awesome. More in a proper email. ;)

Have not met the couple from Boston, they are welcome to stop by we are in Suite A751 (Grand Cayman).

OUCH! :o Gayle, we met at the Meet and Greet.

Well hello back! We have said hello to all your friends onboard, Captain McCharming, Generoso and Deirdre - they're expecting you! The Chef's Table last night was awesome. More in a proper email. ;)

OUCH! :o Gayle, we met at the Meet and Greet.

Can't imagaine anyone not remembering you two. Guess they were too dazzled by Captain McCharming.

I am so happy you are having a good time and can't wait to hear all about it when you get home

Hope Godwin embarks early when you get to Ft. Lauderdale so you get a chance to see him again.

Stay safe.

I did get Generosso a bottle of wine last night from Crown Grill that he really wanted and would not let us get, so if you will be cruising maybe your CC group could start the Generosso wine club where you could take a collection at your M & G and then purchase Generosso a bottle of Red wine from your CC group. The bottle I presented him I said was from all CC'ers who have cruised with him as a memory and to honor him from CC, he was a so happy... ;)

;) Please... tell us which wine Generosso prefers! ;)

Ken & Nancy dog10.gif

Red wine... is that with a twist-off cap or a cork? :rolleyes:

ONLY KIDDING! :D

Seadeck2 said they obtained a bottle of wine from the Crown Grill that Generosso really wanted,

so we were hoping to find out the specifics of what wine he likes.

Ken & Nancy dog10.gif

Archived