Ruby Feb 8 thru 18th

Caribensun

Oh, poor Ralph and Margaret. I'm in PA and feel your pain. At least I have a B2B on the Ruby on the 18th.

chloedmomThanks for posting. I've been thinking about changing my 7 day cruise in December to the 10 day Ruby cruise.

chloedmom,

You must always change a 7 day cruise into a 10 day cruise, if you can. It's the rule.

Oh, poor Ralph and Margaret. I'm in PA and feel your pain. At least I have a B2B on the Ruby on the 18th.

Thanks, AliceS. Yes, pain for sure, but with all these friends in CC, it's a shared pain. I'll be looking for your posts from the B2B ... even if you don't do a live, I hope you pop in now and again to give us a taste of what's going on. :cool:

To finish yesterday, had a chocolate milkshake very good, ultimate card worth it. Had pizza very good. Dinner last night, nobody seemed to really care for the menu, had the classic standby - fettucini and shrimp cocktail and of course Love Boat Dream! DD had the lamb said it was devine. Talked to some other cc members and my stomach was feeling the ship so went to the balcony to get fresh air. The ship moves like the old 1990's RCL ships. They do have stablizers, but the ship moves more and the seas are not that rough. I usually do not have a problem with seas. Maybe need more margaritas. The Sapphire was built differently than the Ruby. Finally got into the Theramal suite yesterday and worth the wait.

Today started off in Sabatini's with breakfast again, what a great way to start the day -if anyone will be going "The Godfather" will be there to greet to you -he is wonderful. We love our waiters and look forward to seeing them every morning now. Today is our Meet & Greet in Skywalkers and cabin crawl - I will let you know how it goes. It is a fairly sunny morning and the thermometer on our balcony said 75 degrees at 7am. You can purchase a nice thermometer with time on it from Eddie Bauer for $14.95, well worth it. We tried the jacuzzi tub in our room last night, they give you bath salts and we added bath gel-forgot it would bubble and had more bubbles than we needed, but it was fun. The suites also have cotton balls and cotton swabs in them so you do not need to pack them -wish I had known. I have been using the hair dryer in room and it is fine and I do have thick hair. Our room is A751 (Grand Cayman Suite) Our room is very quiet. There is a $10.00 t-shirt and hat sale upstairs in the atrium and they do have a princess Cays t-shirts so remember in case you forget to pick one up - also t's of every port we will be visiting. It is nice to know someone is following me. I will let you know how our meet and greet goes and first formal night. oh, there is a captains get together for first timers - not captains circle party? thats what we said..

more later...

Love reading your posts as we have only 8 days to go until we sail...

You say you are dining for breakfast in Sabatini's, is there a charge for this or as suite guests is it included???

Look forward to hearing about the rest of your day and the days to come...

To finish yesterday, had a chocolate milkshake very good, ultimate card worth it. Had pizza very good. Dinner last night, nobody seemed to really care for the menu, had the classic standby - fettucini and shrimp cocktail and of course Love Boat Dream! DD had the lamb said it was devine. Talked to some other cc members and my stomach was feeling the ship so went to the balcony to get fresh air. The ship moves like the old 1990's RCL ships. They do have stablizers, but the ship moves more and the seas are not that rough. I usually do not have a problem with seas. Maybe need more margaritas. The Sapphire was built differently than the Ruby. Finally got into the Theramal suite yesterday and worth the wait.

Today started off in Sabatini's with breakfast again, what a great way to start the day -if anyone will be going "The Godfather" will be there to greet to you -he is wonderful. We love our waiters and look forward to seeing them every morning now. Today is our Meet & Greet in Skywalkers and cabin crawl - I will let you know how it goes. It is a fairly sunny morning and the thermometer on our balcony said 75 degrees at 7am. You can purchase a nice thermometer with time on it from Eddie Bauer for $14.95, well worth it. We tried the jacuzzi tub in our room last night, they give you bath salts and we added bath gel-forgot it would bubble and had more bubbles than we needed, but it was fun. The suites also have cotton balls and cotton swabs in them so you do not need to pack them -wish I had known. I have been using the hair dryer in room and it is fine and I do have thick hair. Our room is A751 (Grand Cayman Suite) Our room is very quiet. There is a $10.00 t-shirt and hat sale upstairs in the atrium and they do have a princess Cays t-shirts so remember in case you forget to pick one up - also t's of every port we will be visiting. It is nice to know someone is following me. I will let you know how our meet and greet goes and first formal night. oh, there is a captains get together for first timers - not captains circle party? thats what we said..

more later...

Glad to hear you're warm, wheather turned crappy here as usual in February. (Not I don't want to hear about the snow on the east coast from all you east coasters, you stole it from Vancouver!). Looking forward to your events posting and success. Love you writing style! - John

Where to begin.. this will probably not be in order and may not make sense. Yesterday, what a great day! Breakfast in Sabatini's is just for suites and is a wonderful way to start the day. "The Godfather" greets us with a warm welcome and a mimosa -he is wonderful. Yesterday was a warm sea day. We ate, I put up a banner with birds and flamingo outside my door and locked myself out, thank goodness Pam was there to let me know my room steward could let me in as DH was on the balcony with his ipod on watching the wake. We have a wonderful cabin steward. I just figured out how to order more grapes. We met a Skywalkers for the gift exchange and I got a great gift that I absolutely love and really need, can't wait to use. The Captain (Tony Yeomans) was there, said our M & G was smaller than normal, wonderful, personable captain, felt privlaged that I was able to speak with himand meet him. There are no officer or captains tables on Princess. The best partf the whole day--I met Generoso!! I told him how all of you CC'ers loved him, missed him and sent him hello's. He was overcome with emotion. I had no idea what it would mean to meet Generoso, to be in his presence, you have all spoken so highly of him, but I had no idea of the greatness I was about to encounter. He is the ipidimy of Princess and what the line represents, he is beyond any wonderful words you have given or spoken of him. I am in complete awe in his presence and of him. I poured a bottle of champagne with him at the waterfall last night, it was a night like no other -(others can swoon-you know). He and the capatain are -wow, wow! Several of us from the CC group met up in Wheelhouse for the pub lunch which was very good, I had the cottage pie, others had the fish & chips and bangers mash. Do not forget to go here. We did formal night last night too and dinners took longer than normal. We then went to 70's night with several CC'ers in Club Fusion (non-smoking lounge) where Black Hat Band was playing -execllent band -they have helped me find my way around the ship -I'm always lost and they played YMCA for us to dance to. We closed down the place. Had a strawberry smoothie (virgin margarita) it was good. We did some portraits -we will see if they turn out today. We tried to take a picture of all 22 of us CC'ers by one of the backdrops and they would not do a large group, so I went to the Pursers desk, asked if someone would take a photo of us on the stairs and they were more than happy to do it. The pursers were at our M &G and are wonderful. So far all staff are great! We continue to sit with Edwin and dinner as he and his assistants in DaVinici are excellent, we do not want anyone else. Tonight is Crowne Grill for DH birthday and I have invited 2 other couples from CC group. Generosais supposed to stop by - one of the CC'ers said must wear heels for Generosa. In club fusion last night we got up to dance and lost 4 tables, people just decided to take our table from us.

Today-St Thomas 80 degrees 7:30am. We walked around and when we came back our balcony said 100 degrees. got a milkshake and piece of pizza. Oceans3, still trying to peak inside your cabin. The pools are cold, the captain is trying to conserve energy. Thermal suite continues to be full and hard to get into. The chocolate covered strawberries -still delicious. Have not figured out how to change out the sodas we do not want yet. Oh, forgot the cabin crawl! Cabin crawl was fun, someone had an obstructed room that was not obstructed and if anyone needs the number I would be happy to provide it-great room and location. We saw a room that was one balcony (mini-suite) from the end of the ship, we peaked around the corner to see the end balcony. We gave out cards at each cabin and whoever had the matching card to ours won a dinner for 2 at Crowne Grille -we have a happy winner. We also gave out a dinner for 2 to Sabatinis to those that volunteered there cabin (drew names) another happy winner, went to the gift shop and bought a nice souviner hat to draw the names out of then gave the hat away. Had two couples hang out on our balcony with us for awhile and that was very nice, we loved having them and hope they come by again.

Until tomorrow.....

What a great day you had. I love sea days. Could you check to see if Capt. Yeomans will still be on The Ruby for the April 9th Cruise. Thanks:)

The weather sounds perfect. Just think what you are missing:eek:

I believe Captain Yeomans said at our M&G Wed. (2/10) that he will be on the Ruby until May. Not sure of the date. So you should be good.:)

Thanks for taking time away from your cruise to keep us all posted...much appreciated. I can't wait to meet Generoso. He shares the same last name as my maiden name only with an e at the end instead of an i...feel connected already...lol :p

Keep enjoying your cruise~

Hi Seadeck2, I'm really enjoying your daily postings. DH and I will be on the Ruby April 9th and since our cabin is an obstructed view E603 I'd like to hear about the one on your cabin crawl and the location. Enjoy your cruise. I'm counting the days til ours.

Thanks for your "Live from" posting. I am enjoying following along with your daily adventures. We were on the Ruby T/A in October with Captain Yeomen's and I thought he was one of the most personable captains we have had on Princess. Generoso was on holiday for that cruise so I am happy to hear he is onboard and hope he will still be there for our cruise on 3/30.

Enjoy your travels and keep us posted.

Hello again, first I missed a few things on St. Thomas, I think it was the rum balls. If you want to taste alcohol before purchasing go to the A.H. Rise in downtown Charlotte Amailie -no tasting at the one at Havensight. Alcohol must be purchased by 2pm to be delivered to ship and more than one bottle. For one dollar they will shrink wrap it for you, but if shrink wrapped you must carry back to ship. We had one bottle shrink wrapped and we carried back to our room, no problem -even went through the screener. If you want to purchase "rum balls or rum cake" A.H. Rise is the place to buy and they are not chocolate but so delicious -highly recommended by me! St. Thomas is all about the rum balls. Went to Crown Grill last night to celebrate DH birthday with 2 other couples and we closed the place. Best meal we all have had, for one couple it was there 2nd time there. The 22 oz steak the men said was the best they have ever had. The shrimp and lobster was excellent anyway all I can say is for those who have not liked it we all are ravers of Crown Grill and the service. We had a private portrait sitting last night with St Thomas as the back drop and the photos are going to be magnificant. If you have a suite you can do this -free sitting and I highly recommend it. We are so anxious to see the photos as they show them to you and let you decide how, what and how many dress changes you want. Tamryn is an excellent photographer, knew exactly what we wanted and can't wait to see how they turned out -photos could cost as much as the cruise.

Dominica today ... Monseraat's volcano erupted this morning or last evening and we are dealing with ash everywhere, not to mention breathing it. Many of the Dominica people are wearing masks so not to breathe it-you can see it in the air and it is covering the ship. We did the Titou Gorge/Hot springs tour and to our surprise we got "Wacky Rollers" as our guides! Dave and his partner Dilia? are the best I would ask for them again and Dave does private guides would book him over anyone else. Dave helped build the ziplines and checks them every morning. He is the best guide we have ever been with. I would find him if I were you. He gave us the best tour of the gorge -the other people did not have near as fun or as good of trip through the gorge. The water is cold, had to remember to breathe, but so worth it. He should us and let us touch "the place" where Orlando Bloom did in Pirate of the Caribbean, we all swooned for photos. It was more amazing than you could ever imagine. We went to waterfall and we got to jump in about 3 feet up, no one else was doing this. Dave told us about the other tours as well and we learned about the island. Then we went to "Screws Hot Springs" it was beautiful and warm, however not enough time there. The people on Dominica are wonderful and it is now my favorite island, alot like Oregon only warm and different plants. I would do this tour again. We did not want to leave the Gorge.

We came back sat with a few friends we made on the tour on our balcony then went to the thermal spa and swam in the lotus pool, then got a frozen chocolate banana drink -I am sitting here with it now and thanks to all CC'ers for it as it is delightful! We have not had any rain today. Tonights dinner does not look good to me, so probably fettucini again and of course "Love boat dream" for desert. I am feeling sad today as it feels like our cruise is almost over. We had "Keens" for the Gorge tour and any hiking gorge tours I would highly recommend these shoes to have.

Those of you waiting for your cruise have so much to look forward and being a part of CC and all you have made this cruise what is so far, the best one yet for us. Tomorrow is Grenada and we need to be off early, meeting students.

I did get Generosso a bottle of wine last night from Crown Grill that he really wanted and would not let us get, so if you will be cruising maybe your CC group could start the Generosso wine club where you could take a collection at your M & G and then purchase Generosso a bottle of Red wine from your CC group. The bottle I presented him I said was from all CC'ers who have cruised with him as a memory and to honor him from CC, he was a so happy. Till Grenada.... ;)

OP

fabulous postings. congratulations on your writing skills. i love hearing about your adventures. have you met my friends, sharon and bruce, from boston? they are a wonderful couple and we cruised together on the star princess in nov 2008. we still maintain communications.

thank you again.

Archived