Ruby Feb 8 thru 18th

Caribensun

If you want to take the bus in Grenada you may need EC dollars. Wine for Generosso I would recommend asking someone in Crown Grill or "The Godfather" in Sabitini's for a red wine recommendation - cork please. I am sure he has many favorites and would appreciate any offering from our CC groups. Captain McCharming is just that, he was not our Captains Circle party this afternoon as he was steering the ship -who knew he had to do it. I do remember meeting you now CruiseKing, but haven't seen you since -where are you? Tomorrow CC'ers are meeting in the Wheelhouse pub at noon. Two pub days in wheelhouse first sea day and first sea day after port days.

I have not talked about smoking yet.. smelled it walking to our room first day, first night sitting on our balcony saw a lit cigarette go floating down from above us (starboard side) -very scarry.. Otherwise a little smell here and there, but not bothersome. We sent out laundry today so we will see how many socks we get back and whos.

There are 4 Captain Circle parties and we were at the third. The most traveled had over 1200 days! It was nice and not too crowded as the previous ones have been. James is the CD and is wonderful - he should be on every ship. Pescadorarmadillo, we will need a review from your current cruise. Music is playing again in the atrium right now, just got out of "Once Upon a Dream" the only show we have made it to so far and it was good.

Port updates.. Bonaire was windy, mostly cloudy, but again no rain. About 80 degrees. We went on a Bonefishing tour with Captain Chris of Piscatur fishing Guides (owner) and he is an excellent guide, the scenery was unbelievable. We saw the salt mines, the lighthouse (that still works)

and I saw Pink Flamingos! I did not get the photo that I would like to have had, however I do have photos and saw them up close. There was so much wind on the water it was hard to spot the fish, but we saw some tail and some swim by us and tired to hook some as we cast into the wind, they were not biting. We fished for 4 hrs and we saw bonefish. It is really hard to fish for them when the water is not flat and clear and the sun not being on the water consitantly. We could have easly ended up in the bar all day wallowing in our sorrow of not being able to fish.

He is an excellent guide and the conditions we had are not normal. I would highly recommend him if you want to fish for 1/2 day, he also does 1/2 day deep sea fishing for marlin, etc.. and you go maybe 1 mile or so off shore. The colors of the water were so pretty from pinks, to blues to emeralds and other shades of green depending on how the clouds and sun hit the water. The water we were wading in was as warm as the air. I really wanted to go for a swim, guide wouldn't let me -scares the fish. We then came back to the ship to the sounds of Carnivale starting. We changed our clothes and met our guide and his family for a Venezualan beer "Polar" best beer and less than $2.00 a beer on a street corner for the start of the carnivale parade. We got to see and listen to some of Carnivale, it was fun and we took photos. It was still going on when we left port. We ordered dining room dinner to be delivered into our room "suite perk" so nice -fettucini again and of course Love Boat dream for desert and the sugar free swan puff with whip cream. DH had veal and was very good. We took a whirltub sat on the balcony -saw Curacao and called it a night.

Today was Aruba. We got a cab for $12.00 each way to the Costa Linda Resort. If you get a cab outside the gates it is $12.00 inside the gates you will pay an additional $3.00 each way. The resort is a time share resort and is not crowded, you can use the beach, not the pool or their chairs. It was windy and mostly cloudy about 85 degrees today, no rain, the ocean was cold until you got in. I am so happy I have gotten to swim in the ocean on two islands, I love swimming in the ocean. The best beach sand, in my opinion is still on the gulf coast of Florida.

Came back to the ship, went to the aft pool and it was being cleaned so went to lotus pool for awhile, then had dinner on our balcony again. Tonight was fettucini, cesear salad, shrimp cocktail, Scallops that were really good too and DH had Mint Chocolate chip cake and of course Love Boat Dream.

Tomorrow night is last formal night and it is already time to start packing.

10 days is not enough.

Hello Oceans3, I know about your cabin, it is a normal mini-suite, the only difference is you may not be able to use your balcony due to extremely high winds -this is the reason for the price break. Keep your room all of the pool decks are fine and you can get lounge chairs or purchase the Sanctuary -best kept secret.

MUTS, tonight was 500 summer vacations? Mama Mia played this afternoon, Tina Turner & U2 concerts. We have not found anything worth watching, also for sound you need to be directly in front of the screen or may as well watch at home, your home surround is better, it is loud.

Kids have played Wi on the MUTS, I want to play -no time.

Will try to write again before we leave.

Good afternoon, we are in the atrium with a few cc'ers trying to get into see the future cruise person Kirk, which is nearly impossible. It appears that my most prized souvenier of the cruise that I keep has now disappeared -my Captains Circle Invitation. I went to the 5:15 Captain's Circle party yesterday the 15th, one of the officers there said the Captain would not be attending, but that he would take it and would have the Captain and perhaps other officers sign it and return it to my cabin (it was not in the envelope), cabin number is at the bottom. CruisinBear ran into the Captain earlier asked him about it and he did had no knowledge of it.

CC'ers tried to meet up in Wheelhouse for the pub, but with it getting near the end of the cruise we were all in at different times. We were told that the Captain stopped by the Wheelhouse and we were in the photo gallery choosing our photos - what a chore we did not complete that until 12:40pm ran into the pub to appoligize for running late. We are so happy with our photos, we got 2 mahagony frames with the Ruby on them and the photo book. For future cruisers you must inquire about the photo book, this is something new and not to be missed. We dined outside at Sabatini's this morning-it was hot and I mean hot, however the breakfast was fantastic as was the staff once again. We then went down to the Culinary show and saw the master chef Mazzi do some of his best work and smell with a view was all we got. It was a wonderful presentation and learned some new things. Purchased his cookbook because it will be signed by the Master himself, what another nice keepsake of the cruise, as if I do not have enough already. Ian of Crusinbear is on the Ultimate ships tour and we are anxious to hear about it as DH forgot about it until Ian mentioned it at the Culinary show. It was so thoughtful of the Captain to make an appearence in the pub, felt bad I was still trying to select photos while he was there -had we known. Most of us cc'ers will be meeting up at 4:45pm for a group photo (the last) for our formal portrait in the atrium. Again, I am not giving enough credit to our wonderful cabin steward Michael, he is so wonderful, we would have to book the same cabin to have him again. We had dinner in our cabin again last night and they are so wonderful at delivering dinner -they make it such a wonderful experience it seems as though it is served course by course. The last 2 nights we have finally not been woken up by noise. Well time to go get ready, so much to share, so many great memories still to make....Dining in DaVinci tonight 5:30pm so can start the inevetable packing..

Seadeck2

Hello Oceans3, I know about your cabin, it is a normal mini-suite, the only difference is you may not be able to use your balcony due to extremely high winds -this is the reason for the price break. Keep your room all of the pool decks are fine and you can get lounge chairs or purchase the Sanctuary -best kept secret.

MUTS, tonight was 500 summer vacations? Mama Mia played this afternoon, Tina Turner & U2 concerts. We have not found anything worth watching, also for sound you need to be directly in front of the screen or may as well watch at home, your home surround is better, it is loud.

Kids have played Wi on the MUTS, I want to play -no time.

Will try to write again before we leave.

Thought it was a normal cabin, and since we live in east county, it will have that home away from home feel with the wind!

Earlier you mentioned ship movement, I'm assuming it got better?

Sorry about no bone fish, but you know what they say about a day of fishing!

Thanks again for the posts and info. Enjoy your voyage home and if it helps any, should be coming back to dry and 60+ degrees.

Seadeck2 - Thanks for the great live. We will be on the Ruby in 11 days and have thoroughly enjoyed your posts, and all others on the ship currently.

Can you tell me what dock in Dominica the Ruby uses? Is it the main Roseau downtown dock or the alternate Woodbridge? If they use Woodbridge, how far is that from downtown? Walking distance or cab, and would you know how much a cab would be?

Sorry you didn't catch any bonefish, but as my DH says "That's why they call it fishing and not catching!" Anyway, it's all about the "experience".

That's great that you got to see the Carnival live. I was watching it on the Bonaire webcam!!

http://www.bonairewebcams.com/BonaireWebCams.php

In anticipation of our cruise, I usually check that cam everyday to see the beautiful ocean, palm trees and even check on the donkeys!! When I checked Sunday, I saw the Carnival parade was going on. The webcam can be refreshed every 4 minutes, so I enjoyed snippets of the parade virtually. I could see lots of colorful costumes and one float with a large octopus on top. If you were located on that corner where the webcam is, I probably saw you.

Thanks again and enjoy your day on the Ruby.

Hello, last night was Lobster night and I have yet to not have a large lobster tail on Princess. The lobster tails were large and very good along with the shrimp and everything else. Fortunately for everyone else at our table, our wonderul assistant waiter cut the tails so I did not get lobster all over me or the tail did not fly across the table. The deserts were wonderful again. I took a bath and with the ship movement (best way to take a bath) I started to fall asleep so had to get out.

In Dominica we heard we were supposed to dock at Roseau, however RCL beat us to the dock so we got the other one. We did not hear of anyone taking a cab to the other side, so I cannot answer your questions. Fishing with the backdrop and where we were was worth just doing that fishing, at least we saw them.

Oceans3 we cannot wait to get together with you within the next few weeks, so much to tell, but not enough to keep you in suspense for your cruise. I appreciate the weather update. Today is cloudy about 80 degrees now and very windy, feels like 60. We tried to go to MUTS last night, just as we got there a big rain storm had just gone by so everything was wet. It is very cloudy. We went swimming in the lotus pool anyway today. No one is out on deck, everyone is inside trying to settle everything, it is so nice to be done. I am just so happy with my photos, still a few to purchase when the line goes down. We did another smaller group last night and it turned out nice. It will be sad to go home, but will be anxious to start following the next thread.

Do not forget to visit "The Godfather" (Luka) I nicknamed him Godfather in Sabatini's, Generosso Hotel Matre'd, Edwin in Davinici table 418 or 408?, Tamryn in the photo gallery,

all of the pursers staff, the wonderful captain, who unfortunately has not turned the boat around yet -still time... all of the chefs and everyone else. We are dining in our room again tonight, we love being able to have dinner on our balcony and the staff that delivers it is so wonderful as well. We really are lucky and have felt as though we have been pampered and never expected to have been. Everyone on this ship goes above and beyond and makes you feel as though you are the only guest onboard, I cannot wait for each of you to experience this as much as pains me to give it up. Do not forget to order your Chocolate Covered Strawberries -a must! * Suites, you can choose chocolate covered strawberries everyday, you may have to ask your room steward for the form. If you do not eat them all put them in the fridge. Also, you can order chocolate covered truffle balls very yummy -discovered a little too late, will remember for next year. Make sure you get your onboard credits early with Kirk. Kirk does an execllent job for being one of him. We love everyone in the thermal spa and the staff. Someone on here must keep my thermal bed warm. This is it, can't wait for the next cc'ers to board, get packing and get ready to enjoy your best cruise ever and I mean ever.

Future Ruby Cruisers- you are really in for a treat!!

I haven't posted that much (just having way too much fun), but just wanted to say before getting off the Ruby tomorrow that we have had a fabulous cruise with outstanding service from all. From our dining room staff (especially Albequerque-head waiter) was beyond compare. Staff around the ship was always friendly and helpful no matter what area they were working in. I cannot say enough about the Maitre D', Generosa. He is gregarious and always makes you feel very special to him. All officers were very friendly and accommodating to the CCers onboard. The captain, Captain Yeomans, even came to an impromtu Wheelhouse Pub lunch that we planned for the CCers on a sea day yesterday. All there were just thrilled. I have never felt so welcomed on a cruise as we have felt on this one.

We hope to be on the Ruby next year and duplicate this wonderful experience!!

We are sad to leave but do so taking fond memories and new experiences with us .

Enjoy the Ruby and her staff. She is the best!!:D

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope the LIVE FROM THE RUBY threads continue!

I have loved reading about life on the Ruby, these last few weeks. With every new update and detail my excitement grows as I count the days until we are experiencing life on the Ruby!:D

Future Ruby Cruisers- you are really in for a treat!!

I haven't posted that much (just having way too much fun), but just wanted to say before getting off the Ruby tomorrow that we have had a fabulous cruise with outstanding service from all. From our dining room staff (especially Albequerque-head waiter) was beyond compare. Staff around the ship was always friendly and helpful no matter what area they were working in. I cannot say enough about the Maitre D', Generosa. He is gregarious and always makes you feel very special to him. All officers were very friendly and accommodating to the CCers onboard. The captain, Captain Yeomans, even came to an impromtu Wheelhouse Pub lunch that we planned for the CCers on a sea day yesterday. All there were just thrilled. I have never felt so welcomed on a cruise as we have felt on this one.

We hope to be on the Ruby next year and duplicate this wonderful experience!!

We are sad to leave but do so taking fond memories and new experiences with us .

Enjoy the Ruby and her staff. She is the best!!:D

We plan to! Thanks for the great posts! Welcome home!

We were able to have breakfast in our suite this morning, not the same as dining in Sabatini's though. You can purchase pictures and other items up to the last minute. A group of cc'ers were even dining in Crown Grill one last time until late. If you have a suite the pursers desk does have a

"Suite & Elite" line that was wonderful. Yesterday was very cold, cloudy and windy. The internet was so barely working all day.

As for the places you cannot smoke on the ship; Club Fusion, Wheelhouse bar, Adagio bar, restaurants, we did not see people smoking around the aft pool or the atrium or elevators -very nice. People were smoking on both sides of the promenade deck, not too much smoking by the pool that Wyland painted in (just behind MUTS). Our room was very noisy again last night, so 8 out of the 10 nights we hardly slept our room was A751 we do not know if A750 heard it to be we are assuming so as it sounded like it was coming from between our rooms from the hours of 1 to 7am in the vent area, like large doors slamming shut. I would wake up and put my arms in the air afraid I was going to hit the ceiling I would jump that much. Just as you were about to sleep again, another bang and so on.. Do not forget to say hi to Generosso for me and "The Godfather" in Sabatini's and of course the best Captain on the seas.. and I did get my Captain Circle invitation back late yesterday, signed, I am so happy!!! We had the best ever CC group, so hope yours will be good too, I never imagined the friendships that would form from CC. Now to unpack and put the photos on CD and start on the photobook. Back to work tomorrow with a postcard of the ship and the wonderful memories. I won a mug from teachergal and it is ready to go with me to start my day.

Can't wait to hear about the first night of the next Ruby cruise

Future Ruby Cruisers- you are really in for a treat!! :D

I'll second that. The Ruby Princess is really a special ship, and we enjoyed it even more than the Emerald the year before, and I thought that would be hard to top. I'm just sorry we missed Generoso...but with all the Princess cruises we have planned, we'll catch up with him at some point!

I'll second that. The Ruby Princess is really a special ship, and we enjoyed it even more than the Emerald the year before, and I thought that would be hard to top. I'm just sorry we missed Generoso...but with all the Princess cruises we have planned, we'll catch up with him at some point!

Ditto!!!

Dear Ruby...how much do I love thee?

Going back for my 5th cruise on the Ruby Transatlantic April 19, 2010 and I can't wait. :D

Thanks for all the posts.

CRLess, I am so happy you plan to keep the wine club flowing! He likes red wines, we purchased him a bottle of Jack London Wolf (well it had a picture of a wolf on it and the bottle said Jack) and we purchased him a "Silverado" as well for him from us. Ask someone in Crown Grill or Vines(he is there boss) if they know what he likes, I know he gives the wine tasting presentations that you can sign up for when you board the ship.

If you were able to purchase a red wine that you liked and presented it to him, I know he would appreciate it, after all it is about the presentation.

I hope you will be posting while on board, I am anxious for the next Ruby post.

Archived