Ruby Feb 8 thru 18th

Caribensun

Hello Everyone, it is my turn and I will try to do as good as everyone else.

We were on board by 11:45am. Drove down from Orlando 3 1/4 hr drive. Took a cab to the pier, very easy. Ate lunch in Cafe Caribe with OutofNJ. Walked around ship, enjoyed our room, drank our champagne and ate some fruit from fruit basket, later for sailaway - more champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Walked around ship and went to sailway and the band played regular music. Went to Skywalker for Suite,platinum, elite drink it was nice. Went back to room napped on deck. Getting ready to try dinner. Ship is nice Lido pool is under construction, MUTS is playing old concerts, lots of people shopping in atrium. I have noticed seas smooth, but this ship does move where the Sapphire didn't seem to. First Meet & Greet by Outrigger pool was small turnout, not much smoking-yet, hallway on Aloha deck aft does have some smoke smell, noticed it when we boarded.

More later.

We were on board by 11:45am. Drove down from Orlando 3 1/4 hr drive. Took a cab to the pier, very easy. Ate lunch in Cafe Caribe with OutofNJ. Walked around ship, enjoyed our room, drank our champagne and ate some fruit from fruit basket, later for sailaway - more champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Walked around ship and went to sailway and the band played regular music. Went to Skywalker for Suite,platinum, elite drink it was nice. Went back to room napped on deck. Getting ready to try dinner. Ship is nice Lido pool is under construction, MUTS is playing old concerts, lots of people shopping in atrium. I have noticed seas smooth, but this ship does move where the Sapphire didn't seem to. First Meet & Greet by Outrigger pool was small turnout, not much smoking-yet, hallway on Aloha deck aft does have some smoke smell, noticed it when we boarded.

More later.

Bon Voyage and enjoy!!

If you seee MD Generoso please tell him Hi for me.

Drove down from Orlando 3 1/4 hr drive. Took a cab to the pier, very easy. .

Where did you park? Airport?

More later.

Thanks for taking over for another 10 days on our ship 18th Feb. Hurry home, then we can go ;)

What is hapening with the pool - did they say for how long and is it blocked off? If it is still out of commision when we get to go on board we will have to get Pete to get up in the night to go save the 300 loungers as promised!

Did you say the sea is rough? I think it is the way Emerald and Ruby have the tiered balconies. We noticed the difference when we were on Emerald.

Thanks again for giving up you valuable time for us.

Margaret

Seadeck2....Thank you so much for the continuation from the Ruby...we have 60 days to go before we board her & these "live from's" are helping to past the time a little quicker...Bon Voyage & hope you have a wonderful cruise:D

First - wait your turn, I know its hard, but the ship can only go so fast. PhoenixGuy I hope we meet your friends tomorrow at the Meet & Greet. We had dinner last night in Da Vinci, Edwin was our waiter -he was great and we ate around 8:30pm. I had Love Boat dream still heavenly and of course Fettucini. We sat on our balcony for awhile last night as it was so warm. This morning noticed warm air -went to Sabitinis for breakfast -what a nice way to start the morning had Brioche French toast and no, was not able to order off of the menu. We went to Princess Cays (90 degrees) took the walk to the South along the beach to ultimately reach the lighthouse at the end of the Island in our "Keens", did not find the "unmarked graves" came back because it looked like that was not going to be possible. Sat on a chair for awhile and then came back had pizza and it is good pizza and milkshake. The Spa sold more "Thermal Suite" packages this cruise than any other and everyone was in there so I am waiting my turn.

I will try to find Generosa. For those of you waiting for your cruise it is worth the wait...

As for the pool mentioned yesterday-today it has water and people in it.

MUTS is showing Shopaholic.

Parking is $12.00 in the parking garage at the port next to the pier We rented a car at disneyworld, returned it to Ft Lauderdale airpoirt, then took cab over because they could not tell give us a time the shuttle bus would arrive.

*remember to tip your port porters who handle your luggage very well -especially well for those of you who put lots of acohol in your checked luggage.

The Ruby is as beautiful as everyone before me has mentioned and the atrium piano has begun to play, must get ready for sailway.

More later.

We are first time cruisers , when you talk about movement is it how fast the ship is going, or is it the movement in the water. I have been told about stabalizers do they not have these?

Archived