San Juan flight

tkjohn25

3 things come to mind:

1) do luggage valet service through RCCL - for $20pp they'll take your checked luggage and get it on the flight for you so you don't have to lug it around

2) Take a ship's excursion in San Juan; they'll keep your luggage on the bus for you so no lugging

3) Eat at a restaurant (Barrachina?) that will hold your luggage until you're done exploring, then you can come back, pick it up, and head out to the airport.

On our recent trip, we did number 1 but wish we'd done #2 - we still had to lug around our carry-ons and it was a pain.

Do they offer the luggage valet on the ship or should I do this before we leave? Thanks for the advice!

You actually can't sign up for Luggage Valet until you are on the ship. We used it on our recent Serenade cruise and it was wonderful. You can use the service with most the airlines, but not all... who are you flying?

Hello everybody! Here's my question. Our flight leaves SJU at 3:50PM and we dock at 8:00AM. What can we do to kill the time? Do we have to drag our luggage around with us? Thanks, John.:confused:

We did Stacy's #2 a week ago, choosing the Old San Juan/New San Juan tour. The tour took about 3 hours. At the end the guide asked if we wanted to go for lunch and everyone on the bus voted yes, so we spent another hour or so at a local restaurant (can't remember the name) near the airport. Turned out to be a great lunch, and we got to the airport by 2pm.

Bob

3 things come to mind:

1) do luggage valet service through RCCL - for $20pp they'll take your checked luggage and get it on the flight for you so you don't have to lug it around

2) Take a ship's excursion in San Juan; they'll keep your luggage on the bus for you so no lugging

3) Eat at a restaurant (Barrachina?) that will hold your luggage until you're done exploring, then you can come back, pick it up, and head out to the airport.

On our recent trip, we did number 1 but wish we'd done #2 - we still had to lug around our carry-ons and it was a pain.

Sorry, but this made me laugh (think being in grade school ;))

Regarding what to do. We were just in San Juan last month. We took advantage of the luggage valet so had no bags to lug around, then found a local tour operator with a small bus (maybe 14-16 people) that took us for a tour around old and new San Juan. Dropped a few off at San Cristobol and the rest of us in old San Juan for shopping, eating, drinking, etc. At a set time, everyone met back at the bus and he took us to the airport. He made sure we were all at the airport in time to catch our flights (ours was at 5:20 so no worries for us). Cost was $25.00/person (+ tip).

because your a dog lover and thats how we talk. I too speak like that.

I have three labs....2 black and 1 yellow

Had three - all black (one was a mix though, I think with wolf, kangaroo, Great Dane, etc. etc.)

Now have two - had to put the mix down late last year due to long bone cancer :( (still crying over that)

(PS - to OP, sorry for hijacking your post)

We now return you to your original posting :).

A fourth option is to take a cab to the car rental facilities at the airport and rent a car and explore the island on your own. DH and I did this after our last cruise. Of course DH had done a lot of business in San Juan so he was familiar with driving around town. We went to Bacardi and then had lunch somewhere - can't remember the name, but the food was wonderful!

Archived