Athens day trip--other than going South?

sueswny

Some people go to Delphi, a wonderful destination, for the day but it is a very long daytrip!

Agree with my fellow Ohioan, Pam, that Delphi would be a good option to consider. We debated back and forth on that option versus the Corinth/Nauplion routing. We went for the later based on the variety of different things we would and could see and do. It depends on your personal interests. From what I have read, both are excellent and world-class. Either can work well.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

What day trip would be a good choice from Athens, other than Corinth/Nauplion? Maybe a day trip to one of the islands (other than Santorini/Delos/Mykonos)??

thanks.

It’s almost impossible to take a day trip from Athens to Mykonos (including Delos) or to Santorini, unless you leave very early in the morning and take the last evening flight to come back. I agree with the other posters about Delphi and I would say that it’s probably one of the “must see” places in Greece if your time allows it. I visited Delphi some 12 years ago and the archaeological site was most impressive. If I remember correctly it took us about 2.5 hours to get there and the drive was very scenic.

Archived