Advice please Re RCI formal dress codes

navylark

The Navylarks will be cruising for the first time in many years with RCI - mainly because our daughter lives in the US and so finds RCI convenient.

We llive in the UK and are used to cruising with P&O, Cunard etc. Their formal dress codes are are quite 'formal' that is for the gents - tuxedo is the norm.

So can we have some advice re the likely norms on RCI - are Tuxedos required or do many gents simply have a suit and tie.

I am sure the answer is on the forum some where but I cannot find it.

Many thanks

The Navylarks

Tuxedo or jacket and tie is "supposed" to be formal - but - people seem to wear what they please regardless of what anyone says.

I think that people don't want to go formal in case they turn up and find that they are the only ones dressed up.

A bit like the old urban legend of going to a party and being told is fancy dress, and dressing up only to find that your the only one in fancy dress.....

The Navylarks will be cruising for the first time in many years with RCI - mainly because our daughter lives in the US and so finds RCI convenient.

We llive in the UK and are used to cruising with P&O, Cunard etc. Their formal dress codes are are quite 'formal' that is for the gents - tuxedo is the norm.

So can we have some advice re the likely norms on RCI - are Tuxedos required or do many gents simply have a suit and tie.

I am sure the answer is on the forum some where but I cannot find it.

Many thanks

The Navylarks

Tuxedo or suit and tie is suggested and not required. Either one will be fine. Your choice.

Many thanks for the prompt replies.

I guess I should have really asked - what do the majority wear?

As we are travelling from the UK -a business suit would be easier to pack - so I trust I would not be 'out of place' wearing it.

Many thanks

The Navylarks

Regardless of what others say, per RCI's cruise services directory that you will find in your cabin... Dining Areas Dress Code: Dining Rooms and Specialty Restaurants: No bare feet or bathing suits are permitted in these areas. Tank tops, caps and shorts are not allowed during dinner.

The norm on every cruise is suit and tie for the guys, and elegant dresses for the ladies.

I agree! Two weeks ago we were on the IOS and saw two couples going in on formal night with tuxedo t-shirts and black slacks.:eek: That is not the norm! Honestly didn't think they would get in but guess what, they enjoyed their dinner just like everyone else.

Archived