"Onboard Coupon Booklets"

DDDDale

I recently booked my first cruise with an online travel agency. The quote indicated that I would receive "onboard coupon booklets valued at $240." I did a CC search to see if I could get some information about just what those coupons might be for but didn't come up with much. I'd appreciate any info you could give me as to what might be included in those booklets.

I recently booked my first cruise with an online travel agency. The quote indicated that I would receive "onboard coupon booklets valued at $240." I did a CC search to see if I could get some information about just what those coupons might be for but didn't come up with much. I'd appreciate any info you could give me as to what might be included in those booklets.

Not much. The only worthwhile coupons IMO, are the BOGO coffee card and the BOGO slot and or blackjack tourny entries.

Returned from Princess 2/7/10. Got a book from our TA. We only used the two for price of one coffee card, nothing else interested us.

Well that's sure disappointing! I don't drink coffee and don't gamble. A BOGO ultimate card, BOGO adult beverages and/or a discount for the upgraded dining venues would be nice.

What is the deal with coffee? New Cruiser here....is coffee free or is purchasing a coffee card a must?

Hello BayouGirl!

The basic coffee served on Princess is created using a syrup base. Depending on who's on duty that day, it can range from very drinkable to downright nasty...basic restaurant coffee.

Or... you may purchase the coffee card once onboard... it costs $24 plus tip. The card has 15 dots, one of which is punched out each time you order a specialty coffee. AND...as long as there is at least one dot remaining, the card may also be used for unlimited fresh-brewed coffee where that is available.

If you have dots remaining on your card, you can save it and use it again on your next Princess cruise.

Hello BayouGirl!

The basic coffee served on Princess is created using a syrup base. Depending on who's on duty that day, it can range from very drinkable to downright nasty...basic restaurant coffee.

Or... you may purchase the coffee card once onboard... it costs $24 plus tip. The card has 15 dots, one of which is punched out each time you order a specialty coffee. AND...as long as there is at least one dot remaining, the card may also be used for unlimited fresh-brewed coffee where that is available.

If you have dots remaining on your card, you can save it and use it again on your next Princess cruise.

Thanks for the info....but still a tad bit confused...is fresh brewed coffee considered "specialty" coffee? In order to get fresh brewed coffee, you must have the coffee card? I guess the coffee they bring when you order room service in the morning is the nasty stuff??? LOL

Thanks for the info....but still a tad bit confused...is fresh brewed coffee considered "specialty" coffee? In order to get fresh brewed coffee, you must have the coffee card? I guess the coffee they bring when you order room service in the morning is the nasty stuff??? LOL

Apology...

There is:

• basic coffee... available 24/7 by room service and Horizon Court, and usually drinkable;
  • fresh brewed coffee... available at La Patisserie ; and
  • specialty coffee... cafe mocha, cappacino, latte, etc. available at La Patisserie.

With an active Coffee Card, Fresh Brewed Coffee is free. Once you've used your Coffee Card 15 times to purchase specialty coffees... then it's no longer active.

The regular coffee is fine, try it yourself and make your own decision.

We drink it regularly. ;)

There are coupons for $40 off of spa treatments (I believe they were specific, but I got the lime and salt scrub including massage) if you scheduled the spa treatment to take place on a port day. I used that one and the BOGO coffee card, but did not find many of the others useful. As I recall, some others included: discounts on framing for an art purchase, specially priced photo package, discount on a bottle of champagne (a specific brand that I don't recall), and 10% off at the boutiques. I know there were others, but my memory is failing me. Hopefully you will get some benefit out of the booklet.

Apology...

There is:

• basic coffee... available 24/7 by room service and Horizon Court, and usually drinkable;
  • fresh brewed coffee... available at La Patisserie ; and
  • specialty coffee... cafe mocha, cappacino, latte, etc. available at La Patisserie.

With an active Coffee Card, Fresh Brewed Coffee is free. Once you've used your Coffee Card 15 times to purchase specialty coffees... then it's no longer active.

Can we get one coffee card and 2 people use it? I don't think I will drink 15 specialty coffees on our 5 day cruise.

Can we get one coffee card and 2 people use it? I don't think I will drink 15 specialty coffees on our 5 day cruise.

IMHO (which you can politely ignore if you so choose), the coffee card isn't assigned to anyone, it has punch out holes counting the number of times it's been used. So whether 1 person drinks 15 coffees or 15 people drink 1 coffee, it is ethically okay. In either case the coffee that was consumed was paid for. If one bought a single coffee card and then passed it around so everyone in the party could get "free" fresh brew, that would be unethical and amount to theft.......again IMHO.

Archived