Help Please , Luggage ? Canada Place ..Quadriplegic

Vanisle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Mike who is a quadriplegic are cruising on the 27 th of April out of Vancouver .

We will have our normal luggage as well as a hoyer lift , a manual chair , a commode chair and all sorts of other medical stuff...air mattress , chair charger ect.

I will be parking underground at Canada Place.

How do I get all that to the ship by myself ? Yikes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Mike who is a quadriplegic are cruising on the 27 th of April out of Vancouver .

We will have our normal luggage as well as a hoyer lift , a manual chair , a commode chair and all sorts of other medical stuff...air mattress , chair charger ect.

I will be parking underground at Canada Place.

Others will weigh in on this, but my response would be....talk to HAL. You undoubtedly booked a HC Cabin, so they would be the most likely to help you with arrangements to board and manage your equipment.

Kudos for your efforts!!

-

You don't. You get assistance, preferably by contacting the cruise lines special needs department beforehand and following their instructions or once you arrive at the pier you speak to one of the dockside porters (preferably a supervisor) and handle it from there. This is not a unique situation and there will be some sort of system in place. It might be as simple as driving to a spot where your stuff can be unloaded from the car and put right on the ship while you supervise and then go park the car. Be sure to find out in advance what they want you to do at the end of the cruise also so everyone's on the same page when you arrive.

Thanks for replys

I called Holland but even the acess and compliance werent too helpful ., friendly but no advice.

I will do as you say , unload everything as close as possible then go find where I par for the duration.

I'm just one of those folks that needs some things planned and gone over in my head before hand.

One one vacation I loaded and unloaded the uhaul every night at a different hotel. It was a pain but we did so this shouldnt be hard at all.

Cant wait!!

Thanks for replys

I called Holland but even the acess and compliance werent too helpful ., friendly but no advice.

I will do as you say , unload everything as close as possible then go find where I par for the duration.

I'm just one of those folks that needs some things planned and gone over in my head before hand.

One one vacation I loaded and unloaded the uhaul every night at a different hotel. It was a pain but we did so this shouldnt be hard at all.

Cant wait!!

Did you book thru a Travel Agent? If so, he/she should be able to assist in making arrangements. Don't give up...keep knocking. You shouldn't have to do it all alone.

Archived