Miami hotels

richbum

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace a few years ago. It wasn't bad, but I am getting ready to book our stay for next January, and would like to find out what other hotels are close to Bayside Marketplace for our next stay. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

We stayed at the Intercontinental on Chopin Drive (NOT to be confused with the Continental - two COMPLETELY different hotels) in January, 2009 for two nights. Very nice hotel and close to Bayside, walking along the water. Anyway, long story short, I've recently made accommodations for us for an upcoming cruise in November, 2010 and found a very excellent price of $84.00 plus taxes on Last Minute Travel (with a $25 fee should I need to cancel this reservation... not bad). Don't know if the offer is still available as I attempted to log on tonight... server down... Anyway you might give that site a try. However, it may be too soon to book for next January. The site doesn't tell you the name of the hotel, kind of like other well known sites. It gives you some of the ammenities and you have to do a little research. Anyway, there's also a section called "bird's eye view" and in some of these views you are able to confirm the name of the hotel. Just do a little research first. Any questions, get back to me and I will try to help you out. I've never used Last Minute Travel till this reservation, and I'm hoping all goes well with us in November, 2010. Also different people have been posting about recent wins on Priceline with the Marriott Biscayne Bay of around $55 - $70 plus taxes. We were able to check this location out last year, and as for the main areas of the hotel, it seemed to be very nice. We did have a room reserved there until we got a better rate for the Intercontinental at approximately half of what we were ready to pay for the Marriott at Biscayne Bay (a little farther from Bayside). You've got lots of time to book in my opinion, but it never hurts to start looking and possibly reserving something now.

We stayed at the Intercontinental on Chopin Drive (NOT to be confused with the Continental - two COMPLETELY different hotels) in January, 2009 for two nights. Very nice hotel and close to Bayside, walking along the water. Anyway, long story short, I've recently made accommodations for us for an upcoming cruise in November, 2010 and found a very excellent price of $84.00 plus taxes on Last Minute Travel (with a $25 fee should I need to cancel this reservation... not bad). Don't know if the offer is still available as I attempted to log on tonight... server down... Anyway you might give that site a try. However, it may be too soon to book for next January. The site doesn't tell you the name of the hotel, kind of like other well known sites. It gives you some of the ammenities and you have to do a little research. Anyway, there's also a section called "bird's eye view" and in some of these views you are able to confirm the name of the hotel. Just do a little research first. Any questions, get back to me and I will try to help you out. I've never used Last Minute Travel till this reservation, and I'm hoping all goes well with us in November, 2010. Also different people have been posting about recent wins on Priceline with the Marriott Biscayne Bay of around $55 - $70 plus taxes. We were able to check this location out last year, and as for the main areas of the hotel, it seemed to be very nice. We did have a room reserved there until we got a better rate for the Intercontinental at approximately half of what we were ready to pay for the Marriott at Biscayne Bay (a little farther from Bayside). You've got lots of time to book in my opinion, but it never hurts to start looking and possibly reserving something now.

I just checked that site also and will be booking a room in Sept. I also have a reservation at the Marriott which I will be cancelling. I never used this agency before.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace a few years ago. It wasn't bad, but I am getting ready to book our stay for next January, and would like to find out what other hotels are close to Bayside Marketplace for our next stay. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

Why not stay in a better area than downtown? Check out Coral Gables and Coconut Grove.

Just a word of warning about lastminutetravel.com. Last week I booked the Hyatt downtown for $88, did this instead of priceline because I wanted to be sure we got 2 beds. This morning I see a "foreign transaction charge" on my credit card bill for this booking even though the address on the website is a Florida address.

Just a word of warning about lastminutetravel.com. Last week I booked the Hyatt downtown for $88, did this instead of priceline because I wanted to be sure we got 2 beds. This morning I see a "foreign transaction charge" on my credit card bill for this booking even though the address on the website is a Florida address.

What was the foreign transaction fee? Can you dispute it? I am thinking about booking with them but now I'm not so sure. How much was the charge?

I just checked that site also and will be booking a room in Sept. I also have a reservation at the Marriott which I will be cancelling. I never used this agency before.

I just read a post about someone having a foreign transaction fee on their credit card from this Last Minute Travel did you have any problem booking with them?

I can't recall if I was charged a foreign transaction fee, as I live in Ontario, but even if I was at an amount of $4.00, I wouldn't object. This hotel runs close to $300 US a night (on their web site). I'm very happy. Two nights' stay converted to $210.00 Canadian. Can you spell B A R G A I N!! ;);) I got it for roughly $120.00 plus taxes a night January, 2009.

What was the foreign transaction fee? Can you dispute it? I am thinking about booking with them but now I'm not so sure. How much was the charge?

The foreign transaction fee was $4, not alot of money but when I called I was told that some, not all, credit cards have this fee.

Archived