Cabin diagram? Comparing Jr Suite to Grand Suite

I know I've seen diagrams of the layout of the cabins and suites. But now...when I need it most, I can't seem to find it. My DD is trying to convince her husband to upgrade from a Jr. Suite to Grand Suite. They have a young child and think they will be in the cabin a lot and will need the extra room. She's going to tell him about the suite perks, but also wants to show him how much more room they're getting. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find the diagrams of the layout?

Thanks!

I know I've seen diagrams of the layout of the cabins and suites. But now...when I need it most, I can't seem to find it. My DD is trying to convince her husband to upgrade from a Jr. Suite to Grand Suite. They have a young child and think they will be in the cabin a lot and will need the extra room. She's going to tell him about the suite perks, but also wants to show him how much more room they're getting. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find the diagrams of the layout?

Thanks!

They are on Royal Caribbean's website.

http://www.rccl.com

Click on the upper left corner: Plan a cruise/Ships/whatever ship you are looking at. Then click on "deck plans".

Then go to Deck 10 if Sovereign, Radiance, Voyager or Freedom class. (Deck 8 on Vision class) There are both Junior and Grand Suites on this deck.

On the left side of the page when you click on Deck Plans, you can click on JS and on GS and see both a photograph of a cabin and a graphic layout.

I think that you need "Quick Time " on your computer.

And Internet Explorer. Doesn't work with Mozilla Firefox.

I have QuickTime and IE...still doesn't work on my 64 bit systems....only on my 32 bit systems :(

What ship are we talking about here?

There is no need to move up to a GS from a JS for the sake of a child. There is plenty of room for a young person in a JS.

Those displays on line are very generic. A Jr. suite on Majesty or Monarch can not compare to a JS on another ship. Our JS's on Voyager and Mariner were/are larger than other JS's because we were/are on the hump. Visitors to our Voyager JS, who had a GS, said, "You cabin is just as big as ours, just arranged differently."

Whatever you decide, ENJOY your cruise.

Rick and Deirdra

I posted the pics above to give you an idea of space - but the pics do not capture the entire cabin :rolleyes:

I have stayed in both GS's and JS's - my opinion is that the JS is a better value. We are 2 adults and one child and there is lots of space for all of us. I have to give the bathroom in the GS a better score though - it's fantastic with marble floor and double sinks :)

Really depends on the ship. That said, however, depending upon the age of the child and the cost of the upgrade, I'd move up in a heartbeat. I've peeked in the junior suites on Enchantment and Navigator, and the extra room in the GS's seem quite worth it (I have a mobile almost 7 year old who started cruising when she was just past 5). She gets pretty excited and wound up about being on the ship and the extra wiggly room in the suite (plus the ability to shut the master bed off if she needed to take a nap while we did other stuff in the suite) made things very nice (have been in an OS and GS on Enchantment and in a GS on Navigator...will be in an OS this March).

I posted the pics above to give you an idea of space - but the pics do not capture the entire cabin :rolleyes:

I have stayed in both GS's and JS's - my opinion is that the JS is a better value. We are 2 adults and one child and there is lots of space for all of us. I have to give the bathroom in the GS a better score though - it's fantastic with marble floor and double sinks :)

I agree. The JS feels like a hotel room. The GS is definitely spacious but I don't book it unless the price happens to be good for that sailing.

And of course the other difference between the two is, as you mention, the suite perks. With the JS, you don't get much more than priority boarding and two cruise credits. In the GS you get concierge lounge access and all the other perks. Of course, that is also dependent upon the ship and whether or not they have a concierge lounge...It really depends a lot on the ship and the price differential.

Try going to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com I use this website to compare staterooms and ships.

They give diagrams as well as square footage of the stateroom on most of the ships.

Then consider the price difference. The difference between a Jr Suite and Grand Suite can be considerable. However, a Grand Suite does get concierge usage and a Jr Suite does not.

Archived