Is Infinity up to X standards?

JEDIKNIGHT

I've only cruised X once, Jan 2010, Mercury. It was a marvelous cruise, my review is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1131771&highlight=

Anyway, I'm so impressed I'd like to reward one of my key people at work with an X cruise. The fellow has been with me 10 years, and the closest thing to family I have in my current business. So, he's a VIP and I only want to book him with something GREAT.

Considering a Penthouse, or most likely Royal Suite RS, 7 day Alaska.

I read some spotty reviews on Infinity, vs many positives about Merc so I ask...

*Service: On Mercury, crew took pride in making people happy. No request was out of line. Does Infinity crew have that attitude?

*Food: Super on Merc, am I right to assume it's the same on Infinity?

*Butler Service: Can anyone report on their Butler Experience on Infinity, from a Penthouse Suite, or Royal Suite? On Merc, our Penthouse Butler delivered better service than I've ever had in my life.

Any specific, or general feedback is appreciated.

I've only cruised X once, Jan 2010, Mercury. It was a marvelous cruise, my review is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1131771&highlight=

Anyway, I'm so impressed I'd like to reward one of my key people at work with an X cruise. The fellow has been with me 10 years, and the closest thing to family I have in my current business. So, he's a VIP and I only want to book him with something GREAT.

Considering a Penthouse, or most likely Royal Suite RS, 7 day Alaska.

I read some spotty reviews on Infinity, vs many positives about Merc so I ask...

*Service: On Mercury, crew took pride in making people happy. No request was out of line. Does Infinity crew have that attitude?

*Food: Super on Merc, am I right to assume it's the same on Infinity?

*Butler Service: Can anyone report on their Butler Experience on Infinity, from a Penthouse Suite, or Royal Suite? On Merc, our Penthouse Butler delivered better service than I've ever had in my life.

Any specific, or general feedback is appreciated.

Our latest cruie was on Infinity and it was honestly the best we have had on a M-Class ship and running very, very close to our cruise on Azamara Quest for our best ever. Certainly, our butler in a Celebrity Suite was the most professional we have had on any ship and they have all been great.

The Captain, Officers and other senior staff were ever present, available and responsive to suggestions. IMHO, out of the three M-class ships [Constellation, Millennium and Infinty], Infinity was the most beautiful just didn't like have the "whole" between the Champagne Bar and the Rendez-Vous lLounge filled in.

The only comment I would make if that I am not sure about a M-class Penthouse for Alaska. We did Alaska in a forward facing Penthouse on NCL and that just has to be the best position for viewing [if you can stand the wind!].

I was on the Infinity in 2003 for an Alaska cruise and loved it, but I just spoke with some friends who were on her last year and they were disappointed with the overall condition of the ship. Apparently, she is showing some wear and tear and might be ready for a "refreshening" at this point.

Thanks for the replies everyone, please keep them coming.

Regarding age and wear.....yeah, that's a factor. But if I want to stick with X for Alaska, along with my date requirements, Infinity is pretty much it. If the 'wear and tear' means a scratch here, a smudge there, I'm cool with it. As long as showers, air conditioning, etc works well......I'm fine.

Food, and especially service are the big ones for me. Also, quality of beds.

Don't be deterred by comments about wear and tear. We sailed on Infinity last March and I thought she was a beautiful ship, very well maintained, and enjoyed her very much. There are people who will let a smudge bother them. If one looks for flaws, one will find them anywhere. Fortunately, most of us have better reasons to be on a cruise ship.

She's a great ship with great service from a dedicated crew. I would not hesitate to sail her again if she had an itinerary we wanted to experience.

is our favorite ship! Haven't been on her since '06 but have been lucky enough to sail her 3 times...and have her booked for SA in '11. Well laid out deck plans and very classy looking..we have also been on Mercury, Century and Constellation, Equinox and Solstice. I don't think you can compare her with the new S class ships, because they are so new and modern, but she is by far our favorite Celebrity ship out of the other ones we have sailed. And by the way...you are one terrific boss! What a wonderful gift!! LuAnn

Are you hiring??;)

What a great idea.. I am sure no matter what the gift will be tremendously well received. It is truly a generous way to recognize this employee.

For an Alaska cruise, a Celebrity Suite might be a great way to go as well- It is my favorite accomodation on that class of ship (Nicer than RS IMHO, albeit smaller). No veranda, but never missed it with the gorgeous floor to ceiling windows... And if you wanted to spend more, you could provide a nice OBC. Just an alternate idea as I do not know how much a balcony might get used in Alaska. I have read conflilcting opinions, depending on the weather that prevails.

Our latest cruie was on Infinity and it was honestly the best we have had on a M-Class ship and running very, very close to our cruise on Azamara Quest for our best ever. Certainly, our butler in a Celebrity Suite was the most professional we have had on any ship and they have all been great.

The Captain, Officers and other senior staff were ever present, available and responsive to suggestions. IMHO, out of the three M-class ships [Constellation, Millennium and Infinty], Infinity was the most beautiful just didn't like have the "whole" between the Champagne Bar and the Rendez-Vous lLounge filled in.

The only comment I would make if that I am not sure about a M-class Penthouse for Alaska. We did Alaska in a forward facing Penthouse on NCL and that just has to be the best position for viewing [if you can stand the wind!].

Has the Hole been filled in on Infinity? I am sailing her in Sept & was hoping she still had that in tact. I'm like you - I enjoyed sitting in the Martini Bar & looking down at the Rendevous Lounge at the dancers and the band. Boo hoo!

Happy Cruising!

Faith

Has the Hole been filled in on Infinity? I am sailing her in Sept & was hoping she still had that in tact. I'm like you - I enjoyed sitting in the Martini Bar & looking down at the Rendevous Lounge at the dancers and the band. Boo hoo!

Faith

Faith

Sorry, definitely filled in. We didn't like it and the Captain said it was a big mistake. The Champagne Bar was definitely dead without it. It is the one thing I have read about the proposed revamp of Constellation that I do not like.

Sue

Hi.

I don't know the Infinity ... only the Millennium and the Constellation ... and soon the Century ... but I do love the m-class ships and I did have a veranda on the Millennium in concierge class when I went from Seward to Vancouver.

I can't imagine not having a veranda in Alaska. Alaska is so very beautiful and to be able to be outside in the early morning ... sailing into some very spectacular place ... is too nice a treat to turn down ... IMHO.

fern

Archived