Maasdam Drydock 2011

kelleherdl

You people are amazing...so knowledgeable!!! We're sailing in July on the 35 day "voyage of the Vikings". Are any of you? Would love to meet you and learn more about the ship.

There is a super active roll call for your upcoming cruise over at the Maasdam roll call board. Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1142105

Sounds like a truly memorable cruise. Enjoy!! :)

You people are amazing...so knowledgeable!!! We're sailing in July on the 35 day "voyage of the Vikings". Are any of you? Would love to meet you and learn more about the ship.

welcome to cruise critic

check out this link for recent pictures of maasdam's dry dock:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1404972&highlight=maasdam+dry+dock

Thanks everyone for reopening this thread and answering my original question. We are so excited now that we have just booked the Maasdam sailing out of Montreal on May 7, 2011 for our 30 wedding anniversary, as we prefer HAL over other companies in its class, having cruised with them before to Alaska.

It's still a long way away, so I think we will hold off logging on to the roll call until sometime after the 1st of the year.

It should be a great cruise. We're doing the B2B on the 7th of May. Weather in Montreal is expected to be in the low 70's Farenheit and sunny on Saturday. It's been a cold rainy spring so far, so things look as if they are going to improve just as we board the Maasdam.

Thanks Math Guy. From one math guy to another, we are looking forward to getting away. Flying out tomorrow morning to Montreal. The last time I checked, weather,com it showed rain and possible snow flurries on Thursday (44/35 F), 40 percent chance of rain on Friday (56/44F), then partly cloudy on Saturday (64/43F). Just hopefully Quebec City on Sunday will be nice, as that and Bar Harbor, Maine are the real reasons (other than our 30th anniversary) for the trip. We don't mind the rain otherwise as long as it is not torrential.

None of the other changes matter if your room is uncomfortable.

I heard the HVAC was worked on. I don't know exactly what that means but it's good to hear it got attention.

For the most part, Maasdam has always been comfortable, for us. There are two particular spots where I sometimes get warmer than I'd like but that happens to me elsewhere so it's probably me and not Maasdam. :D Our cabin is usually very comfortable but we're almost always in the same one and we know the a/c works there. :)

• 8 months later...

I am curious-does she not have lanais? We booked Lanais....

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will find that the Maasdam will not be having all the above mentioned renovations done to her. From what I have been told she will not be getting all those additional cabins, no retreat area -- no "slice".

I also heard that she will not be getting the Lanai cabins -- but I am not certain about that.

Archived