Change of cabins - considered a cancellation?

cvschmitt

I wanted to just switch cabins on the same deck, the same cruise, for the lesser rate, but the agent said that the lower rate was just for new bookings. We currently have a D6 balcony and D3 balcony has a senior rate.

Anyone have any experience with this?

It's possible that the lower price is a carrryover from the Tues. specials..does in say anything in Red letters about Deal or Special pricing? If so it is a Tues. sale and they are very strict about it being for new bookings only...if it doesn't have the red letters then call back & ask again, cause if it say's Senior rate you should be eligible...

I wanted to just switch cabins on the same deck, the same cruise, for the lesser rate, but the agent said that the lower rate was just for new bookings. We currently have a D6 balcony and D3 balcony has a senior rate.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Unfortunately if the rate for the D3 is a special sale for new bookings only it would be a cancellation. However, the cruise line knows when you cancel and rebook and does not consider it a new booking. I think you are out of luck on this one.

Question for you, when you say agent is this an RCI person or a travel agent? The rules can be different (usually more stringent) with certain travel agents. Something to ask about before booking with a TA.

It seems that because it is a different stateroom category, it would be considered a rebooking. I've gotten the lower senior rate before, but did not change cabins.

Oh well, was worth a shot. I'll continue to look for the lower rate on our category and hope for the best.

Thanks everyone.:)

It seems that because it is a different stateroom category, it would be considered a rebooking. I've gotten the lower senior rate before, but did not change cabins.

Oh well, was worth a shot. I'll continue to look for the lower rate on our category and hope for the best.

That is strange because I have changed category's before & did not have to cancel & re-book...are you dealing diectly with RCL or a travel agent?

It won't be considered a rebooking if the new catagory does not have the red special or deal next to the price

I booked with Royal, but when we called to change they said the special rate was only for new bookings.

However, it does not say that on the website that I could find.

Call again, you will get a different rep and potentially a different response. They are known for not always being consistent!

Archived